Monoprice recessed Zwave plus door sensor

Need to know if anyone is needing to use my version of the DTH or if using the stock Zwave plus door sensor. And, if using mine, do you want an adjustable wake up (battery reporting) interval – factory set at 6 hrs.

I’m trying with the stock z-wave plus door sensor, but it’s always reporting as open. Any ideas?

Sounds like the sensor itself might be an issue. Remove it from network. Pull the battery. Give it 30 secs. Replace the battery. Observe if the red led flashes when you bring the magnet close to the reed switch and then again when you pull it away.
Added it back to network while logging. Make sure it installs with “Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor”, See if it works at this point.

Can you describe what you mean by adding it back while logging?

Also, it installs with the generic z-wave door window sensor, and I was manually going into graph.api to change device type to the plus.

Have “Live Logging” on the screen while adding it to the network – just in case we need to look at the logs to figure out what is going on.

11:16:15 PM: debug Parsed 'zw device: 10, command: 9881, payload: 00 80 03 3C ' to [[name:battery, unit:%, value:60, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor, descriptionText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor battery is 60%]]
11:16:15 PM: debug encapsulated: BatteryReport(batteryLevel: 60)
11:16:14 PM: debug Parsed 'zw device: 10, command: 9881, payload: 00 72 05 01 09 20 22 22 01 ' to [[name:ManufacturerCode, value:0109, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor, descriptionText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor manufacturer code is 0109], [name:ProduceTypeCode, value:2022, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor, descriptionText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor produce type code is 2022], [name:ProductCode, value:2201, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor, descriptionText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor product code is 2201], [name:WirelessConfig, value:ZWP, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor, descriptionText:Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor wireless config is ZWP]]
    11:16:14 PM: debug MSR 0109 2022 2201
      11:16:14 PM: debug encapsulated: ManufacturerSpecificReport(manufacturerId: 265, manufacturerName: Vision Security, productId: 8705, productTypeId: 8226)
    11:16:11 PM: debug configure()

Interestingly, this time it installed with the plus DTH

Does yours report battery properly, or is the 60% likely a glitch in the DHT?

Thanks again for all your help, I think other than the weird battery reporting, this works great.

I suspect that the 60% is correct. You can pull the battery and check the voltage (I think 3V is 100% and 2.1 is 0%)
Glad the sensor is working.

I just wanted to add to this thread in case someone is having trouble with these and comes upon it like I did.

These sensors are extremely sensative to distance during the initial inclusion. I had three of them, one came in as a standard z-wave door/window, one came in as a z-wave plus, and one came in as a device type I didn’t understand (just said active and inactive, no battery, etc). I ended up excluding all three and then rejoining while 3 feet from the hub (which I should have followed the instructions better). Once I did that they correctly all identified as z-wave plus door/contact and worked fine.

Overall they are nice for the money. Look a lot better then the SmartThings multi purpose sensors I had on my doors before. They react very quick but as someone said the door has too be open a good amount. The magnets that come with it are pretty hefty.

-Allan

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for doing this! I just have been using these sensors for a while now and decided to look for a handler because I am still somewhat a noob.

It had been working fine but I was wondering if the handler will give me more usage with webCoRE?

Also will I see any differences from my ST app interface with this? The only thing I noticed is that it greyed out the status of the door. IE it use to be a blue when it was closed and red when it was opened. Now it’s just grey. Do I need to remove my device and re-add it to ST when I add a handler?

Thanks again!

Hi. The custom handler won’t give any increased functionality with webCoRE. Since they are working fine, I would not recommend switching the handler.

Can you tell me what I should be seeing? Since I have done the handler the only difference I am seeing in ST app is the colors of the open/close. Should I be seeing more?

That’s correct. The custom dth was created because the built-in was having difficulties. Since the built-in dth now works fine, you should use that instead.

The reason for difference in colors is because the custom dth is old and uses an old color scheme.

1 Like

I think what I was hoping for was some of the codes to be easier to understand. The package didn’t really come with clear translation to what “#$&67974#” is, lol

+! on the setup distance issue - put them right next to the hub!

Also - currently on sale for $17.49!

I have 4 of them I’m no longer using since converting my wired sensors over to Konnected if anyone wants to buy out mine. Magnet side might have some glue on it but otherwise they work fine.

I have this from monorpice 2018. The default device handler is useless. All it has is active and inactive which can’t be used to set off anything like a door chime or push alert.

Do I really have to pay for the RBoy software?

I’ll check later, but I think this is the device handler i’m still using. Note that Mine PAIRED as sensor, I had to manually switch them to the door/window dth

The RBoy handler fixed my older Monoprice sensors - I’ve had great luck with all my RBoy handlers & apps. The support has been outstanding as well.

1 Like