Module responds only to "ALL ON"

Hi, I’m very new to Z-Wave and am trying to create the simplest possible system. I have an Intermatic HA07 controller, and a Leviton DZPD3 dimmer module. I can include the DZPD3 in the network, and associate it with channel 9. All responses on the HA07 screen seem correct. When I press “ALL ON” on the HA07, the attached lamp comes on. "ALL OFF turns it off. But when I press channel 9 ON, I get “SUCCESSFUL” on the HA07 screen, but nothing happens with the lamp.

At association time, I pressed the button on the DZPD3 several times - nothing changed about the lamp, but the association seemed successful, judging by the HA07 display. Am I doing something wrong during the association?

Thanks…

This forum is for people using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform. It’s a very active forum, so it often comes up near the top of general Google home automation searches, but it’s not a general forum. All the questions and answers are assumed to be in the context of the Samsung platform. So I don’t think we’re going to be able to help you here.

Instead, you’re going to need to look for an Intermatic forum, or you could try the Reddit subforum on home automation, it’s brand agnostic. Good luck! Zwave is a nice protocol, you should be able to do a lot with it. :sunglasses:

This forum is for the Samsung SmartThings platform rather than specifically ZWave so my answer will be in context of using your device with the platform.

See the last post in this thread, it may offer some suggestions…

1 Like

As @nathancu mentioned, it is possible to use the Intermatic HA07 as a secondary zwave controller with a smartthings hub as the primary, But in that case you probably wouldn’t be using the method you described.

If I misunderstood, and you do also have a smartthings hub as your primary controller, let us know, and there may be something we can help with.

We would also need to know the model number of the smartthings hub.

Thanks everyone - sorry for the intrusion. For the record, in this case, it actually looks like the DZPD3 is malfunctioning. At Associate time, pressing its button provides no lamp response of any kind to choose as the Associated behavior. And it appears that the DZPD3’s button should act as a manual switch, without involving Z-Wave at all - that doesn’t happen either. It does respond to “ALL ON” - but I’ve learned that that functionality is already enabled as soon as the device is Included in the network, and before any attempt at Association.

1 Like