Mode Change Not Taking Effect

I have installed a few SmartApps (iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4) that are supposed to change the mode when certain events are detected. For example, the app “Greetings Earthlings” is supposed to change the mode to “Home” when your presence sensor is detected. I have noticed that, although I receive the notification that the mode has changed, it does not show up as having changed in the SmartThings app until a force close it and re-open it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

That is a pretty common issue. It is high up on their radar to resolve. There are also a lot of server side issues around modes in general still.

Ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some iOS app issue. Thanks for your response!

I have the exact same issue on iOS. FWIW, it seems the mode change is actually happening on the server (as you stated) but it drives me nuts not to be able to see it on my device.

On another (perhaps related?) note, I’ve had the Sunset/Sunrise app installed for weeks and it hasn’t really worked, but it actually changed the mode at the appropriate time for the last 3 cycles. Hoping this one’s fixed for good, as I have a lot of actions tied to it.

Both the Sunrise/Sunset and the mode change actually running, but not reflecting in the iOS app are known issues.

And frickin’ thorn in my side as well. Good news is we’re getting really close to the fix and the release.

Does the Good Night app work reliably for anyone else? I can’t get it to work for more than a day or two.

Glad to hear there is a fix coming for this. :slight_smile: