Missing Devices Issues Migrating to New ST App

Login to IDE at https://account.SmartThings.com and see what device handlers are installed for these monoprice sensors.

I believe you may have received bad info.

I sure hope so!

You’re a little above me
 I logged in, went to my device handlers, there are only three. webCoRE, MyQ, and Zooz Motion. Am I giving you what you need?

Go to Devices and find your device and see what the device type is set to

Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor

As a test, edit one and change to z-wave door/window sensor, save. Go to new app and see if works. You may need to refresh the app.

no change , just shows offline.

I don’t want to get off base here, but something is wrong with my app/account. Supported devices or not.

I can’t add a room. I can’t control what did import from the home screen, I have to go into the device. The icons showing on/off do not change.

My gut tells me something is wrong besides device compatibility.

I just “upgraded” to the new SmartThings app, and have a few issues

• My ‘Favourites’ seem to have disappeared
  • I seem to have lots of random “light1”, “contact1”, “motion1” in my “Living room” group, which is nonsense.
  • The integration into Google Home seems to no longer work properly, it’s only picking up parent devices, and ignoring child devices - this means that all the switches (Z-Wave Device Multichannel) that I have can only be controlled by mentioning the parent device, so to turn on “study ceiling switch” rather than “study light” or “study fan”.

I really hope this is just a blip, but it’s really frustrating, surely they must test these things. The new SmartThings has been around for a while, but I’ve always much preferred SmartThings Classic.

ST Classic was flawless. New ST app, NOTHING works correctly, if at all. I’m still waiting on tech support (going on day 9) :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You are not alone. I did the migration this morning and my Monoprice door sensors are no where to be found in the new app. I can still find them and see that they are still working in the classic app. Im using the Rboy device handlers. It is up to date.

Well
 I just spent $300 to replace all of my open/close sensors with SmartThings brand. It’s a shame they didn’t tell anyone they were not going to support certain manufacturers anymore.

I still can’t get anything to work though. Classic is still flawless. New app, I can’t add devices, what is there won’t work properly, I can’t create rooms, and I can’t delete devices.

STILL waiting on someone from tech support. I’ve called three times and they just say I have to be patient.

You may want to try removing those devices and removing the device handler in IDE. Reinstall the device handler and then pair the devices again.

Tagging @RBoy

1 Like

Which devices and brand/models?

According to ST, Monoprice brand is no longer supported.

For some reason, I doubt that is accurate. If @RBoy writes custom code for those, he should know.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think you’re above me, but I’m willing to learn.

I have tried to remove the devices I can see in the new app with the intent of performing a physical reset and adding it as a new device. The app will not let me remove it, it says “This device can’t be deleted because it is operating normally”. It is not operating normally in the new app, only classic.

I’m afraid to dabble too hard as Classic is still working and when I perform the factory reset on the device I won’t be able to add it back in classic if the new app doesn’t work. That’s the boat I’m in now with the one device I have tried.

This is just one of several issues I’m experiencing and STILL WAITING ON ST TECH SUPPORT.

I hope you’re right. I’ll send the new ST sensors back and save a fortune. Current situation with my Monoprice sensors in the new app: They do not show in devices. Only place I see them is in SHM under View Sensors, they show there, but are all offline.

@jkp is right on all counts, any zwave or ZigBee device will continue working with the hub. What support probably meant to say is they don’t natively support the device but the official device handlers from Monoprice are working just fine in the new app.

I would recommend what jkp said, some folks see devices do funny things when they click that “migrate” button (our recommendation is to skip that button and just open the new app and start using it). The best way to fix it to exclude the device, delete the device handler from the IDE and then reinstall it. That usually cleans up any mess created by the “migrate” button where devices disappear, the UI gets messed up or any other random issues.

1 Like

Ha! What timing ST has. Here’s the latest ST tech support email, remember I’m almost two weeks into waiting:

Thank you. I hope you are right!!!

How do I exclude it with the issues I’m having? I will delete everything in the new ST and start from scratch! I have zero confidence it will let me add a new device though. When I try that it doesn’t recognize it, regardless of the method I try.

Also, I’m not using any custom device handler for them. All I’ve ever done is hit the + and add the device. Is that my issue?