So having been a user of ST for a few years now, with a reasonable amount of devices and integration to Hive, Next, Blink etc I thought I should review the new app and see if its possible to migrate. Also I would like to install a new ST system in another property so I wanted to see how I can do some things I do today with the classic app. This is what I found and I was wondering if anyone as had the same experiences and can offer any tips or if my experience will help others maybe.,
- You need to install the smart monitoring to be able to be able to use the security, smoke , leak functionality in the new app. Found that by accident… surely that should be there as standard.
- When you set the mode to arm int he new app the classic app doesn’t show the same status… why not? this implies they are run on separate platforms but I found other things that point to this not being the case…
- One of the sensors did not show correctly in the app and removing it from the new app also deleted it from the classic app … so the platforms are linked
- The main and really annoying thing with the new app and the one of two points that stops me migrating … is the new app does not appear to support the use of locations to change the mode. It uses location to send a reminder which is a backwards step in my view. You need to fix this Samsung
- The lack of routines in the new app also stop me migrating as I use the good morning and good night routines and have them linked to Alexa. can see anyway of doing this in new app. I also changed the good morning to auto change mode based on activity …again cant do that in new app
- And finally the new app seems to find my iphone multiple times with different names which mess’s with the location setting on the classic app
So result… deleted new app and staying with classic as new app is simply not there by a long way.
Now unless I have misunderstood the new app which if I have is not good as people less techy than me wont get it either.
Hopefully Samsung will read and maybe build in some changes to the new app as I do agree the way forward is all Samsung platforms, but until it mirrors the old app I cant migrate and I dare say others will say similar.
Also hoping that some comments might be helpful to others and maybe me.
Thanks for reading