Mirror Switch?

Hi all,

I have a zigbee rotary knob dimmer. However when i used the smart lighting app, it will let me mirror a switxh but the are only lights no switches in the populated list.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I just tried to set up a rule and I see lights and switches.

None of my dimmers, which are button devices, are being shown.

Hmmm.

@JDRoberts @jkp

Is this a know issue?

Thanks

I haven’t seen any reports on it in the forum yet, but there’s been a lot of craziness this week. to be honest, I’ve been skipping quite a few posts, it’s hard to keep up. :thinking:

@BlackRose67 @JDRoberts

Has this moved forward at all?

Thanks

Have you reported the problem to SmartThings?

there was a bug where Edge devices were not displayed in the SmartLights app. But not I don’t have the app and can’t test.

No. Will that involve customer services?!?!?

Looking at the devices I have and their edge drivers, their typ is noted as remotecontroller.

Im wondering if the app only list switch types if that’s even a thing!?!

@nayelyz can you help?

I only see lights, which are basically dimmable switches, and smart plugs (both Edge and cloud based).

When I create a virtual switch I can see them.

It would be interesting to see if its because they’re listed as remotecontroller in the driver therfore the app isn’t pulling them in.

@JDRoberts do you know if someone can help with this?

Brand and model of the dimmer?

If it’s a battery controlled device like the Ikea dimmer, it probably is just a “remote.” It can send commands, but not accept them. (You can’t turn on a batterypowered button with a network command, it would use up too much battery listening all the time.)

So those show up only in the “if” part of an automation, not the “then.”

On the other hand, if you were trying to use it as the “If” and the issue is what shows up as the candidates for the “then,” it’s probably a different issue.

Because its device class is multilevel remote, it may not have an on/off function, just a level set. So its “then” candidates for mirroring would only be other multilevel devices. Dimmable bulbs, yes. Binary on/off switches or smart plugs, no.

Again, we would need to know the brand and model of the other device.

@Automated_House

@BlackRose67

1 Like

The correct path would be reporting it to Customer Support but I can take a look at your devices if you grant me permissions.
I need the following:

1. Email account
  2. Names of the devices that don’t appear in SmartLighting.
  3. Access to your account
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (â‹®) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once we finish, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Note: please send a DM or an email to build@smartthings.com with this private info.

2 Likes

Hi @nayelyz

Apologies i havent got round to carrying out the above.

I’ve been doing some digging though and i’ve noticed that if i change the driver the device shows up in the smart lighting app, however as the device isnt really designed to operate a rotary style knob the device itself doesn’t work.

Do you know if only a certain type of switch is populated in the smart lighting app?

Thanks

This could be due to the category assigned to the device, can you share the link of the drivers that you used (the one that didn’t show the device and the one that did), please?

So the driver that operates the device but does not list the device in the smart app :

And the other one :

Both from the same developer. @erickv

Sorry for the delay, @barron. I haven’t checked the difference between both drivers, I’m already checking other details with Erick.
In the meantime, the SmartThings team is inviting some users to check the new version of the SmartLighting app, I think you should check it as it is an important feature for you:

1 Like

Thanks @nayelyz

I’ve asked to be added to the beta.

Let me know if you get any further.

Note that the beta is only for automatic migration of Smart Lighting automations from the Groovy to new plug-in Smart Lighting.

The new plug-in Smart Lighting is public and will coexist with the Groovy version.

See discussion here

@Travis_Hope

Are you referring to the dimming?

Basically I have a rotary dial type controller.

The mirroring refers to the light match what the rotary Dimmer is doing. Left, down, right up etc.