Minneapolis Meetup/Workshop - May 28th, 2015

My daughter has swimming lessons that night, so I won’t be able to attend :cry: Hopefully there will be more meet-ups in the future!

We just had to bail on our San Fran meeting…so I am going to roll out to the show here in town!

1 Like

@April, I wont be making it up this week. I have has some meetings reschedule on me for Thursday and can’t make the drive.

Is there someone in the Minneapolis office I can schedule a meeting with in regards to product certification? We have hardware and custom device types created and soon would like to have them certified to work with SmartThings. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks.

Hey John!

Shoot an email to partnerships@smartthings.com, and we’ll keep an eye out for your email. Would love to get you in touch with the right people. :slight_smile:

@April. Thanks just sent an eMail! Oh by the way this is one of my projects http://bit.ly/1cZkZgM and based on the reaction I’m getting I think I’m going to have to add it to the list of products we would like to get approved.

1 Like

I’m new to ST but not HA.
I’m a hardware guy through and through with absolutely no coding experience at all.
Mind if I join in, assuming there is space?

1 Like

Totally Chris! Come swing by :slight_smile: , we’d love to meet you.

Thanks April!
I sort of went crazy on the HA front recently, moving from X10 to ST and GE everything…
My wife is not pleased with me.
Without any serious developer skills on my part and lacking in knowledge of the exact flow of how a command gets to a device, or how to build a REST endpoint so I can finally integrate my Kodi/XBMC into ST I am at a bit of a loss.
Maybe I can learn something. :smile:
I’ll see if I can get out of work early in Chanhassen and swing up.

How’s parking in the area?

1 Like

There’s a parking garage behind Keegan’s Bar, or street parking, or a few blocks down, there’s some free parking.

So i’m told by a local… these are the best places to park. Haha.

2 Likes

What is the start time? I have 3:30 and 4:30 sent to me?

Sorry, Splashthat.com usually provides EST… it’s 4:30, but we’ll start doing things around 5.

Yeah, it converted it to cdt so now I am free from 3:00. Any ST users / staff want to do a happy hour / meet up before the meet up?

Let me know if anyone wants to meet before and I can try to find a spot close to the ST office to rally up before the 5pm start.

1 Like

heck yes! Swing by anytime. A bunch of us want to meet you. :slight_smile:

Oh ok. :smile: I’ll grab the kevlar and head down.

1 Like

Can’t be at Google IO… Can’t be at Minneapolis Meetup… Won’t get to meet the infamous @April and @Ben… Sad day indeed.

I should be there shortly after 3. Let me know where you want to meet!

T_T @tslagle13 I would make that face too.

Is that from when Justin Long found out his Apple spots were canceled?

1 Like

@chevyman142000 I’ll probably just head to the ST office at or about 3pm and meet some people early. Assuming I can find parking… Uber doesn’t work out to my house :frowning:

2 Likes