Hi all, I recently migrated my account and set up a new TV. The problem is that I’m now seeing 2 home locations even though I never created a second. My tv lives in one home location and everything else lives in the other. I’m not even able to change the tv to the other home location. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Most users find it easier to remove the TV in that one location and re-add it to the other location. Then you can delete the empty Home Location in IDE.
You may want to login to IDE with an incognito/private tab in your browser.
In order to delete a Home Location that has nothing in it:
- Login to IDE at https://account.smartthings.com
- Goto Locations
- If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
- Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
- Scroll to the right and click Edit
- If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
- If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
- Now you can edit/delete the additional Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.
If that fails to resolve the issue, contact ST support and they can do it https://support.smartthings.com
Thanks! I actually found a way in the new Smartthings so to move the tv to my original home location. The problem now is that Google home still sees the 1 tv in my other home location and not the original location where everything else is. Is this due to the tv not being added in the classic app?