Microcenter closeouts

(Wglaw) #1

Just a heads up that Microcenter has a lot of GE switches on closeout, in-store only. Pretty good deals all around.

(Chris) #2

Which store did you see them in?

(Colin) #3

You can search the local store from their website, you just have to go to store to get. I only saw discount on the dimmers

(Chris) #4

Oh, ok. I didn’t see any on my store’s page :confused:

(Colin) #5

I searched for ge switch

(Wglaw) #6

My local store has dimmers, switches, outdoor plugs, outlets, etc on clearance. I’ve been there a few times and they mostly carry insteon stuff, so I haven’t even seen the GE stock that they’re clearing now. It’s basically half off msrp.

(Gabe) #7

Their search isn’t the best. I search “z-wave” and “ge switch” and only about half of the stuff showed up.
The best way is probably to go through the “home automation” category:
http://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966669/Home-Automation

(Wglaw) #8

Yeah, the guided search using the navigation menus is much better on their site than the search box.

(John) #9

And then check the “Brand: GE” box to just see the GE items:
http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294966669+4294965488&myStore=true

(Gabe) #10

Also you can print out a $5 off a $30 in-store purchase from retailmenot (since you have to pay for it in-store anyways)

(fightingmajor) #11

Does the GE zwave keypad work well with Smartthings?

(Wglaw) #12

I didn’t even know they had a keypad.

(Wglaw) #13

It appears that the online inventory updates very quickly. I checked my local store 15 minutes before I walked in and it had the exact number of GE switches and outlets on the shelf that the website claimed, I bought a handful of items and checked again when I got back to my office 15 minutes later and it updated the quantities from my purchase.

(Eric) #14

I just picked up 3 of these at Micro Center for $19.71 each. $39.50 at Amazon. I also got a few GE smart plugin switch for $14ish.

(Wglaw) #15

They’ve currently got a 30% off orange sticker clearance promotion going. most of the GE Zwave devices in our local store (Baltimore) are orange stickered. I got several switches and one outlet all for less than $15 each.

(Navdeep) #16

They dont ship… I dont have a Microcenter near my area :disappointed_relieved:

(Eric) #17

I am close enough to Baltimore to drive up there (Gaithersburg). Did they have a lot left?

(Wglaw) #18

I don’t recall, but the website appears to be close to the stock. Check the Rockville store, probably a lot closer.

(Eric) #19

I cleaned Rockville out.

I got one of the Hawking Dimmer Outlets for $6.99 from the Rockville store. Only 200 W capacity but will be OK for a table or floor lamp. Plan on visiting the Towson store tomorrow.