Mesh WiFi and Lo T devices what works?

I am thinking of updating my Xfinity Gigabit Wi-Fi system with a mesh system. Anyone know which will work with Xfinity and 2.4ghz devices? Many mesh systems provide only one SSID not two. So that could be a problem for me as I have cameras and Wi-Fi speakers and plugs.

Why do you need multiple SSIDs?

FWIW, I’ve got eero mesh with almost 50 Wi-Fi devices including Sonos speakers, Nest cameras

Well my experience with the Wi-Fi plugs and Samsung speakers is that they don’t connect to anything other than 2.4 GHz.

Doh! Of course.

Although you can use the same name & password for SSID on 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

eero mesh does that and it works well. At least as long as you want to let devices auto-select band.

OK thanks. I am looking at a more budget friendly setup for my Gigabit take a look here and let me know what you think. ASUS on Amazon

I’m not an expert on all the new routers. One of my neighbors bought the TP-Link mesh routers and is very happy

TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System – Homecare Support, Seamless Roaming, Dynamic Backhaul, Adaptive Routing, Works with Amazon Alexa, Up to 5,500 sq. ft. Coverage (M5) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVCB862/

I decided to take a chance and order the ASUS units and will let you know how it works out. I am very apprehensive, but will give it a go.

1 Like