Meross integration (April 29, 2022)

By the way, at one point this was a pretty common issue for those using Home assistant with the meRoss cloud. Runaway polling. But switching to the LAN integration instead fixed it for them. That’s not an option for smartthings users right now, but I just thought it was an interesting data point.

I forgot to mention I have about a dozen Meross devices on my SmartThings account and have not received this message.

Have you implemented any edge services edge drivers? The ones that check for things on your LAN? Pings can sometimes be perceived as runaway polling.

Do you have Meross integrated with other services such as google home, Alexa or others?

I don’t see anything in that message to indicate it was related in any way to ST.

1 Like

No I’ve only implemented the SmartThings connection. Google in turn accesses the SmartThings connection

Yes I have, I’ll disable it and see if it helps. I’m also aware that the SmartThings cloud was experiencing performance issues. Wonder if this is connected

1 Like

I have three homes on three hubs running off of the Smart Things app. I just added a new Meross device to my cottage because it works so well at my main house. The integration through the Meross account goes back to the device at the main house. Should I quit trying to make this work, or will the Meross app allow me to connect devices on the different Smart Things hubs?

Meross is currently a cloud to cloud integration, it doesn’t care what hubs you have. The linkage is at the account level.

What specific rules were you trying to set up where you ran into trouble? :thinking:

When I log into the Meross account, it only sees the other device I have at my residence. I can’t get it to recognize the new device at my cottage. I thought it might be because it was on a different hub/Wi-Fi. But I will keep trying if you think I might be successful.

It shouldn’t care about the physical location of the devices as long as they are all on the same Meross account. So I’m not sure what’s going on, you might want to contact Meross support.

Meross has a couple of different apps, did you use the same one to set up both devices?

You may need to create a different Meross account for the cottage. That is what I had to do for my Wiz devices at camp to keep them separate from home based devices.

1 Like