Lowes Iris Smart Button $6.25 (clearance)

Ouch. That’s not good.

A kid that only complains about something once a week ? I’d call that a win

5 Likes

I don’t know - these buttons have really bad reviews…
Looks like you need to press the button multiple times and there is something wrong with the battery contacts.
Probably on clearance for these reasons.

I’ve read all the reviews, and all I can say is that the one I currently have (and have been using since early December) has been solid. Works on the first press, although there’s a 1-2 second delay before the light turns on. Reports temperature accurately. No battery issues. I can’t complain. I ordered three more, picking them up today. I’ll report back if any of those have problems.

I just put one in last night to control some LED lights above the cabinets… they seem to require two button presses to operate – one to activate the switch, another to send the command. Not really a big deal… WAF is still high so I can’t complain :slight_smile:

I’ve got one of these hooked up to turn on some lights in our office (no overhead). Works great, think I had one instance where it didn’t work early on, but other than that it’s been solid. My wife even likes it.

I figure they’re small, cheap, and convenient enough I picked up an extra the other day at $10 to have just in case something pops up that I want to use it for. At under $10 I’ll probably pick up another if I can find one.

I have about five of these, and they range from reliable to complete flakes…even after bending the battery connector and putting a little paper under the battery to make the connection as secure as possible, some of these are fine some are duds.

I replaced a couple w/the four-button minimotes that were on sale for $10 and $13 recently - which have been completely reliable and w/four buttons and short and long-press options, provide a lot more control if you want it.

I’ve relegated the flaky ones to temp sensor duty only.

Using the price scrip I found a lot of locations that had them for $6.50 but none of them shipped them. Is this something new? Last time I did this I ordered 3 Iris outlets at $23 and they were shipped from MO to TX without any issues. Is Lowes actively trying to prevent this practice?

Ya I noticed that too. I wonder if its so people like us don’t take advantage or maybe they just sell what’s in stock and is cheaper for them not to ship it. I could get it shipped with with a truck or something but would cost me like 70$

Not a new policy per’se . They stopped shipping on non-standard priced items last year. Occasionally somebody screws up & doesn’t disable shipping, but it usually doesn’t take long for corporate to notice it & fix it.

Ah, I figured it would not last long… Thanks for the info.

Thanks, just picked up 3 of them although I ordered 4 but when my Ready to PIck up email came, it just showed quantity 3. I guess they only had 3 left in stock.

I worked at Lowe’s for three years. Often the counts in the computer are wrong at the store level. In addition to that, the website counts are only updated from the store counts once a day. So say a store has 5 items at 2 AM when it syncs up the counts. Someone comes in to the store at 10 AM and buys 2. The correct count is now 3, but the website still says 5. Someone goes on the website and orders 2 more. Now the correct count is 1, but the website says 3. If someone online orders the “remaining” 3 at, say, 2 PM, when there’s really only 1, there’s no way for the site to know this. So it sends the request for 3 to the store. Some poor bastard (one of these poor bastards used to be me) takes a printout of your online order and goes and picks the items off the shelf. I find only 1 there, I update your order to 1, and you either get a phone call explaining or your order just changes to 1 automatically.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got an email later explaining the change.

Checking around the OKC area… looks like a lot of the stores with stock have raised them to $14.99… snooze, ya lose, I guess…

Only one left at my local Lowes for $10. I snapped it up. Was an easy setup w/ smartthings.

OMG! Seriously?
I don’t know if it’s because I got duds, or what, but mine are NOT in any way easy to set up.
See the process I’ve gone through so far HERE, and please lend a hand if you have any insights, etc.

Mine were quite easy as well… go to the ‘Add Thing’ in the ST app… pull the tab on the button and the light started flashing green… turned solid when it was found and it appeared in the app. It will appear as a remote, but a switch.

You may have a return or it has already been mated with another controller so you’ll have to reset it.

1 Like

All I did was take it out and went to “add thing”. Nothing happened so I held the button down (like i would pair a BT device). It popped up in SmartThings and was added. I noticed a small grey slider…no idea what that is for and didn’t mess with it.

Battery (anti)release. Seriously hard to get them out without a pen or knife.

1 Like