Lost connection to all devices

Sorry for my language, but English is not my native language (danish)

After updating to the new release of the Smarthings app, I ran into serious problem.

It started with me not being able to delete two devices that I had installed the day before.
The next problem was, that I could not make security settings. The app announced that all devices were offline despite the fact, that I could activate all lights and see the status of all door and window sensors.
It was also not possible to make new automations as the app constantly announced that there was no network connection. This despite the fact that all existing automations worked very well.

In an attempt to make the app work again, I deleted the Smarthings app from my phone.
After re-installing the app and logging in with my user ID, all 47 devices had disappeared.
And the Smartthings app looks like it was the first time I used it.

The strange thing is, that I can see all the devices in the Windows application “SmartThings Groovy IDE”.

How do I get the Smartthings app to work again?
I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Which hub version do you have?

Go to the Devices section, click on the Home icon in the upper left of the screen, select Manage locations from the menu and verify if you have only one Location. If you have more than one, select the other Location and see if your devices show in the app.

:slight_smile:

If by chance, you have a v1 hub…. It was shut down on June 30, 2021

Only one hub and it is ver. 2
jkp: When I select Manage location as you suggest no reaction at all.
I click and nothing happens.

Just a thought: It looks like there is no connection to the app, but the Hub still has my old programming and therefore responds to it.

iOS or Android? Try signing out of the app and sign back in… if available

Using Android.
Already tried signing out and in.

i experienced this in the last couple of days across a couple of devices. after a couple device app restarts it eventually all came back.

I have been waiting for the miracle for several days so I have lost my optimism

Unfortunately it seems as if SmartThings is done. Constant emails about degraded performance daily if not multiple times a day. The new iOS app cannot even keep connected to my hub out of my network. I myself have a SmartThings Connect (the WIFI router one) and it is constantly offline. Used to work flawlessly until Samsung decided to start tinkering with everything. I truly believe they did it just to kill SmartThings off. I wouldn’t be too surprised if they sell the whole issue to Aeotec and it all becomes a subscription service like they tried with Wink.

I strongly urge you in the strongest possible ways just to abandon SmartThings and grab a Hubitat instead. Setting it up is a huge PIA, but it is worth it in the end.

you may have already, but have you restarted your phone, gone into the IDE and done a hub restart, physically restarted the hub with a quick unplug/replug (no batteries).

may of us have taken notice to the platform becoming more and more unstable. this is why i haven’t done much except move a handfull of zwave devices to a new aeotec hub. we still have to see what becomes of the DTH as we know it now.

samsung definitely got out of the hardware business and passed that off to aeotec, but they are keeping the software/data side as that is where they are making their money by tracking your smart home devices.

Phone restarted
Hub physically quick unpluged/repluged
not sure what you mean by “gone into the IDE and done a hub restart”?