Looking for 20-amp Isolated Contact Fixture Module for Garage Door similar to Linear's

Hello,

My LINEAR FS20Z-1 Z-Wave 20-amp Isolated Contact Fixture Module just failed. This is my 2nd one and they seem to last about 4 years. Does anyone have an alternative module they have used. I use this to open and close my garage door.

Thanks,

Michael

Zooz are quite popular these days and they do a good job of keeping up with all the smartthings architecture changes. Zooz is the house brand for The Smartest House. Their tech-support is usually very good: you might contact them and see what model they would recommend as a replacement.

JD,

Thank you as always!

Michael

1 Like

JD,

I did some research on Zooz. I haven’t called yet, do you know of any other switch that won’t need a custom device handler as Zooz does? My concern, and correct me if I’m wrong, once groovy goes away anything with custom handlers won’t work.

Thanks again,

Michael

1 Like

This is correct, but Zooz is already working on Edge Drivers for their devices (they have a private beta channel already), so they are one of the companies I am least concerned about making the transition to the new platform. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If the fault is that the relay contacts have already been damaged twice, I would think of using the zwave device to activate and deactivate a contactor that supports more amperage, 30A for example. Especially the starting peak.

1 Like

That is exactly how I have my well pump set up, contactor controlled by a z wave on/off switch.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I just bought a Meross Garage door opener. Going to try that.

Michael