Logitech Harmony (Connect) Updated?

I just recently opened up the Harmony (Connect) SmartApp and noticed you can add virtual switches for all of your activities directly in the app.

Are these virtual switches any different then the ones I created originally as new device types?

I tried selecting one of the harmony activities I never created a switch for to try the feature out and it just gave me an error message…“Failed to save page: credentials”. Any ideas? Thanks!!

1 Like

Tried disassociated all my smartapp Logitech Harmony Triggers with the hubs and deleted the Harmony (Connect) app. Reinstalled, linked smartthings with logitech, hubs loaded right back up. However, I get the same issue/error message any time I try and select an activity under the Harmony (Connect) app. Can someone try and confirm they do/don’t get the issue?

I get " an unexpected error occurred " when I click next/done.

I’ve done a little digging on this, and the problem is that within the new Code, its looking for a child device of type:

Harmony Activity

The Connect App on
Line 422:
d = addChildDevice(“smartthings”, “Harmony Activity”, dni, null, [label:"${newAction.value} Harmony Activity"])

There’s no device type yet published for Harmony Activity.

Can someone from SmartThings chime in on this and let us know when this will be added? I’m REALLY looking forward to getting some virtual switches automatically setup with my Logitech Remote, and this would help a ton!

Thanks for replying guys, glad to know it’s just not me. I created all my virtual switches on the hub manually, would def make it easier if the Logitech smartapp did it for all of your activities.

Has the Logitech Harmony Connect cloud to cloud SmartApp ever been released out of beta? I was part of the beta and noticed that I have two harmony SmartApps. Since things are currently working, I don’t want to delete something and then end up in a state where I can’t get back to a working system.

So I currently have two harmony SmartApps - 1:“Logitech Harmony Connect”, and 2:“Logitech Harmony (Connect)”. From the event listings, it seems the first one, without the parenthesis, is the one that is being used. At least that SmartApp is sending the switch commands to the ST switches, for those switches that I set up in the Harmony app to use before and after activities.

My device type is “Logitech Harmony Hub C2C”.

The other SmartApp (Logitech Harmony (Connect)) has no events and its scheduled discovery function has last run in August.

I’m wondering if the first app is the one that gets installed when I authorize SmartThings from the Harmony side.

I am having this same issue… is this a ST issue?

Yes…same here…20 char…

Update: obviously the new app is “experimental”. What I found, is that IF you don’t select any of your Harmony activities, the connect works just like before. If you need to set triggers, using the trigger app from Marketplace works too (or at least it works for me)

1 Like

It’s broken. I think a new version was pushed out with the recent firmware update, but that’s the one that crashes. :scream:

Report it to support so they can let you know when it’s fixed.

What?! SmartThings released broken code? Noooo… That never happened before.

These types of comments are getting old and are not helpful.

They put back the harmony trigger App in the marketplace, probably as a workaround.

So if the harmony connect section about activities/triggers crashes for you, then only use the connect smart app to connect the hub. Don’t touch the fields that list activities or triggers. Then after you’re done, go to the marketplace and get the triggers app to set up the triggers.

You can follow the steps in the old FAQ:

Seems like everything is working now. The harmony (connect) smartapp can now create it’s own virtual switches. Works much better than using the Logitech trigger app.

1 Like

Should delete the virtual switches I made the old way using the triggers app and just go thru harmony connect? Does it clean it up a bit?

Yeah, that is what I did. It’s a much simpler and cleaner approach.

Do you know if Alexa can still
Find these new virtual devices?

I haven’t tried it yet, as I have been using IFTTT’s new phrase trigger. However, the new virtual switches were discovered by the alexa app. So, I imagine they would work fine. In fact, they would work better as toggle the switch toggles the activity off. You don’t need to create a separate virtual switch for the power off activity.

1 Like

Perfect thank you forgot to ask you that, thanks gonna give it a try when I get home too.

Okay, so just tried it with Echo and this is odd…

I created a new group called Living Room TV, added my Watch TV virtual switch from smartthings. Similar to how I had everything prior to the updated logitech app. I asked Alexa to “turn on the living room TV” It turned on fine, but alexa’s lights kept spinning and she eventually said “that command does not work on that device”. I asked alexa to “turn the living room TV off” and she said okay.

I checked the device type of the switch in smartthings and it is in fact a switch. Not sure why Echo is having a problem with it. Maybe someone who knows more can chime in here…

I think someone said it seemed like “TV” has now been added to the list of reserved words that echo keeps it self, and can no longer be used as a switch name.