Local Device handler options for Ikea, Fibaro, and Xiaomi?

Any ideas for aqara moisture sensor?

Try SmartSense Moisture Sensor

4 Likes

Just did seems to be working.

Any z-wave rgbw strip handler? (fibaro rgbw)

Also any for z-wave double switch (fibaro double switch 2)

If im not mistaken no double switch works locally on smartthings

Sorry, I’m not much help with z-wave devices. Try to stick with ZigBee where I can.

1 Like

I can understand why! I am trying to switch to zigbee as well.

2 Likes

And you will be glad you did!

Did I read somewhere that you got a couple Sonoff mini’s? If so, let us know how those work, how they look in real life, size, etc.

1 Like

Buttons can be worked with a fist or elbow or knee, which makes them more useful for people in wheelchairs with limited hand function, like me. Plus dogs can also use them, of course. :dog:

In this photo, the flic button is mounted at what is knee height for me or nose height for my service dog. :wink:

So, yeah, I like buttons. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Can the zigbee Xiaomi sensor be all changed to the smart sense dth? I have moisture, motion, open/close and movement. Some with Xiaomi branded and some Aqara. What is the experience of the people who have those sensores?

I know temp/humidity and moisture work. Try the others and see if they function as they should. I would bet that open/close works just fine. The others, I’m not sure.

I have changed my dth for the smart sense ones and will see how that works.

Just said this in the beta fw thread, changing to local DTH looses functionality of some devices, is this now a decision we all have to make going forward ? Set local and loose functionality or stay cloud and retain (some) functionality

Would this option to change from cloud to local not also break automations ? If an automation is based on a device function but the function is not available localy then the automation fails to work

I have custom smart apps that just about keep my Fibaro RGBWw controler working, if I switched to a local RGBW controler (not that one exists at the moment) the custom smart app cannot be replicated in an ST automation, so again, no chance of that going local and if we loose the IDE in the future, my custom smart apps disappear along with my ability to control my excellent but hobled controler

And looking to the future, are we staring down the barrel of a platform that is easing further out custom capabilities in favour of basic functionality, let’s face it, it is already happening

Only in the short term because we won’t be using DTHs going forward. Their replacement is said to lend itself better to local execution, even for custom devices. I don’t know how as I haven’t seen it.

I don’t worry about local execution of things like Ikea buttons at the moment. It is whether they are running local when the legacy platform is gone that interests me.

That’s pretty much the exact opposite of what is happening. The whole ‘custom capability’ thing is enabling more custom functionality.

3 Likes

Thank you Graham, perhaps my post was a tad … gloomy for a Sunday morning but it is good to read your insights, I shall be less gloomy now :grin:

Sure. The one i have so far works great. Blazing fast, works locally smaller than fibaro switches, solid build (not like Aeotec) and no antennas sticking out. No metering but i realised it is not something i really need. Bought 10 more amd waiting them to arrive so i can test how they behave in the mesh.

Here are some pictures:

1 Like

Do these require a hub to work with Smartthings though?

Yes but we don’t know when this is happening so i would love to have local execution on ikea montion and buttons. Tried alternative local dths but non works for so far…

Thanks! They’re a little bigger than I expected, but they’re something I can still use.

1 Like

So would I, but not if having it now delayed the replacement solution in the slightest, or indeed delayed any other improvements to the firmware. Similarly if the existing legacy local execution in any way slows down implementation of its replacement I’d rather get rid of it now. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Motion sensors does not work with smart sense dth, it detected motion but does no change to no motion.

1 Like

I know i tried all of them. No luck