List of official representatives from Third Party Companies?

(MarkTr) #1

Is there a post or FAQ anywhere listing reps from SmartThings and third party manufacturers / developers / distributors who are active on the forums? Search didn’t turn anything up but It might be a helpful resource to check who to tag into a discussion without having to rely on @JDRoberts and the other experts to weigh in. Or would this just lead to those folks getting overwhelmed with DMs like JD does?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2

I’m sure the level of helpfulness really varies from company to company.

While ActionTiles tries to keep watch over a dozen channels (ST Community, our own Community, a half-dozen Facebook groups, Reddit, Twitter, …) - it is essentially impossible.

Ironically, a larger company is less likely to do this that a smaller one.

If a SmartThings customer has a problem with a particular device, I’d advise contacting both SmartThings and vendor support - perhaps even at the same time.

The benefit to a vendor watching support forums is proactive … i.e., watching for problem or feature request trends that are not being reported to their official support and feedback channel.

(MarkTr) #3

Understood…I was more thinking about putting a list together that said “ST - Jody / Tim / etc. | Innovelli - Brian | ActionTiles - tgauchat | Zebra Blinds - Neil…”, mostly because new folks don’t know there’s somebody to ask and people like me who spend a lot of time on the forums but don’t use those particular products may not know the right person. I just figured I’d solicit some feedback before putting it together in case people think it’s going to be more of an annoyance than an advantage.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #4

I’m somewhat ambivalent, on behalf of myself / ActionTiles…

You see, we prefer that folks are directed to https://support.ActionTiles.com for “everything”; but at the same time, we value this SmartThings Community in many ways, including just getting “exposure”. So assisting customers and participating in helpful ActionTiles discussions here is something I really should not discourage.

So; yup – please feel welcome to recommend tagging me.

(MarkTr) #5

OK, here goes - please chime in, everyone! And anyone who winds up on here and doesn’t want to be, just say so.

SmartThings Staff: see the complete list here and if you have a technical issue, start with support.

Hardware manufacturers:
@Eric_Inovelli Inovelli (switches/plugs/sensors)
@natec007 Eve/Spruce irrigation (gone quiet?)
@eric1500 iBlinds - gone quiet but IndieGoGo campaign still

Distributors:
@TheSmartestHouse The Smartest House (distributor, Zooz is their house brand)
@ZebraBlinds distributor for Graber motorized blinds

(Paid) App Developers:
@RBoy RBoy Apps (support)
@tgauchat ActionTiles (formerly SmartTiles) (support)
@yvesracine My Ecobee Device

(INOVELLI.COM FOUNDER) #6

Awesome, thanks for putting this together @MarkTr!

Happy to help in any way I can.

Have a great day!

Eric
Founder | Inovelli

(Yves Racine) #7

Sorry, but I must also add to my excellent ecobee Device the following missing DTHs and smartapps:

• MyNext Devices (for all Nest products: Thermostats, Protects, Cams)
  • My Automatic device (for the Automatic Car Connected device)
  • My Flair devices (Puck, Vent, HVAC devices including window/mini splits, portable heaters and coolers)
  • My Neurio device (Smart Power & Energy meters for the whole house) :slight_smile:

[RELEASE] Neurio-SmartThings integration

• And, finally my Zoned heating and cooling solutions:

[RELEASE] New version of my zoned Heating/Cooling Solutions

All those components constitute an ecosystem of smart apps that can work together in a really smart & reliable way.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store.

Thanks for including us @MarkTr!

We realize that everyone has their favorite / easiest way to communicate and our team tries to monitor as many channels and communities as possible so tagging always help to respond faster.