Linear Garage Door Remote - Delay in Detecting Open/Closed

I just installed the GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller last night. I’m having trouble getting the controller to report the actual status of the door as opened or closed.

I have it connected to the SmartThings hub.

After install I sometimes have to refresh the status on the screen to get it to report the correct open/closed status. This morning I opened it at 7 am and 1 hour later it was still reporting as in a Closed Status. I’ve even had the issue where two different phones connecting to the device are reporting different statuses.

Is it possible the signal is weak between the hub and the opener or is there some way to fix this?

How far is the hub from the Garage opener? Do you have any repeaters in between (switches/powered Z Wave devices)?

Probably 40 feet but it’s also the garage so there may be path issues. I don’t have a repeater but was actually thinking I might get one because it seems like there is a bit of a delay. Do you have a brand you recommend for repeaters?

40 feet is quite a bit, considering there are other things in its path .Recommendation would be to get atleast two repeaters n between. You can use any zwave switch or plug in module. You rather pick something that you need.