Life360 seems to send notifications properly, but presence status not updated?

I haven’t found any good way. I think I forced stopped 360 and resrarted which caused another update. Other solution is to leave the area and reenter.

I have the same issues every once in a while, just run through the Life360 app and both phones update

I even have a WebCoRE Piston refreshing both phones every 15 mins and that doesn’t seem to help

Rick

1 Like

I have been doing this for a long time now… Click the Life360 SmartApp, click Next, click Done… presence is fixed!! It’s getting old.

Can you export that piston please?

Use code 6xyx

Have fun
Rick

Thank you I assume you’re using your phone and your wife’s phone as the presence sensors. What are you using for the device?

Yes our phones

In the IDE, they are listed as Type - Life360 User

Rick

@tmleafs, I installed and started using your SmartApp and handler today, but I’ve found it has a serious problem. Every time I refresh anybody, it generates arrived or left events for everybody regardless of whether or not their status changed. If I set one of my Life360 users to refresh on a schedule with Pollster and someone’s at home at night, it’s constantly triggering my SmartApp that turns my outside lights on when someone arrives after dark. Would it be possible to modify the refresh so that it only generates events for users whose presence state has changed? Thanks!

I have updated the DH give that a try

That seems to have fixed the refresh issue. I’ll keep an eye on it when we’re out and about today and make sure it’s behaving like it should. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I am getting an error when I try to install your code through with github integration. However I am able to install it manually using from code. Any idea why that would be happening?

re: it’s the same error as mentioned by another user in post 69

give it a try now

That change fixed the smartapp install, but the device handler still says skipping due to errors.

@tmleafs

For the device handler to work you either need to change the namespace in the DH to tmleafs (currently is smartthings) or change the folder name from tmleafs to smartthings.

That should fix the issues with the github integration.

1 Like

FYI … saw you made the change. The DH and the SmartApp now both properly integrate with GitHub. Thanks.

1 Like

@tmleafs

I have just added pull request to your code, to add some new functionality like:

1. distance from your chosen place (can be used in webCore),
  2. sleep / awake status (can be used in webCore)
  3. last location update date/time

If you like it feel free to merge it, with leaving tmleafs as author, and namespace in your branch.

If you don’t like the changes, other comunity members can checkout it here:

Ideas and code snipets taken from webcore presence sensor by @ady624 (so praise goes to him mainly) :

1 Like

I have the same error being shown as @tobycth3 and @cdrom1028 when clicking refresh (not every time but often):

java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Missing required page parameter ‘name’

even though my place is called “Home” and I have in code:

def defaultPlace = places.find{it.name==“Home”}

@tmleafs any idea what could be a reason of it ?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution for it? Thanks

No, I haven’t found a solution for it.

Hi @tmleafs
I see there is a github update to your ‘Life360 user’ DH.
Looking at the notes there is no explanation for the changes you have made, so I was just wondering if you would let us know what the changes/improvements are.
I can see the display/icons have changed.
We now have awake/sleep. I haven’t left ‘home’ yet so haven’t seen how it updates but was just wondering.
Thanks.