Life360 seems to send notifications properly, but presence status not updated?

The new code was added by @btrial

New features:

• distance from your chosen place (can be used in webCore),
  • sleep / awake status (can be used in webCore)
  • last location update date/time

Ideas and some code snipets taken from webcore presence sensor by @ady624 (so praise goes to him)

1 Like

Thought I recognised some of the ideas. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the prompt reply.

@tmleafs
does your DH and Smartapp solve the issue for always needing to reset Life360 every few days?

it gives you a refresh button on the device handler or be called by wedcore

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m receiving this error when using webcore to refresh. Any thoughts ? Thanks!

Error while executing physical command Kaylyn (Life 360).refresh([]): groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.HubMultiAction.add() is applicable for argument types: (physicalgraph.app.ChildDeviceWrapper) values: [Samuel (Life 360)] Possible solutions: add(java.lang.String), add(java.util.List), add(physicalgraph.device.HubAction), add(physicalgraph.device.HubMultiAction), any(), any(groovy.lang.Closure)

Did you remove the original Life360 app & devices before installing and setting up my code?

Yes, and I did so again yesterday just to check but receiving the same error. Whatā€™s odd is that it was working for several months. Only after switching from Core to Webcore and building the piston again did I notice this errorā€¦ not sure if there is any correlation there?

Does the refresh button work from the device page? or is it just webcore thats not working?

I thought it was but upon checking live logs it is actually kicking out this error when refreshed manually.

error java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Missing required page parameter ā€˜nameā€™

Can you send be screenshots of the device and app settings from the ide please

I think I am now a step back. I just tried reinstalling the smartapp and DH to make triple sure that I didnā€™t do that wrong. Now after installing the DH, smartapp, checking OH and publishing for me I receive ā€œAn unexpected error has occurredā€ when trying to add Life 360 users to the Connect app. Live log shows this:

physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ā€˜Life360 Userā€™ in namespace ā€˜smartthingsā€™ not found

means your havent published the device handler

Iā€™m sure I have though. Both are showing published. I just tried it all over again and same result?

Have updated the app, please update and try again

Awesome! Thanks. It has now installed and webcore refresh is also working properly. Great work on the app btw. Cheers

1 Like

Nice good to hear, any chance you can post what your webcore piston does?

Sure. It is extremely simple though. It just checks to see if Life 360 presence matches smartthings presence for the same user. If it doesnā€™t it, it refreshes Life 360 and eventually sends a notification if they remain ā€˜mis-matchedā€™ for 5 mins. Basically just a notification that lets us know Smarthings has conflicting information about whether that user is home or not which could cause the hub to be in the wrong location mode. A phone reboot almost always fixes this.

2 Likes