Life360 not in the new app?

Ah ha, so you did! Sorry, I think I was too bewildered by the new app to take it in. :blush:

1 Like

Hmm, interestingly, I noticed recently that the presence sensors for Life360 users are now operating in the new app, in that their status is being updated and you can tap on them.

Unfortunately, neither they, nor a Simulated Presence Sensor device I have, are usable in Automations in the new app.

Still doesn’t work for me.

Even stranger!

This is what mine looks like now.

I get “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again.”

Funky. That’s what I was getting until a day or two ago. Are you on iOS and/or have you received an update to the new ST app lately? I did on iOS, though I don’t know if that should matter. I have no idea why mine started working.

Yeah, I’m using iOS and have the latest version of the app.

Huh, well, you got me. Not that the activity on the presence sensor does me any good anyway. But that is curious.

I was testing life360 yesterday on one of my devices and it would not open. I tried it today on another device and it opened. I then tried the other device I was trying yesterday and it did not open. I removed the ST app from that mobile device, reinstalled and the life360 device opened.

As pointed out above, life360 is still not available to be used in custom automations.

Just started working for me today too. I was able to use it in automations in the new app. They are under Device Status rather than Member Location. Would do the conditions of present and not present.

1 Like

I am getting the following error adding Life360 (Connect) to my new app installation on v3 hub via IDE:

error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text @line 74 (authPage)

I deleted the DTH, SmartApp, re-added direct from the ST github repository (both) and am getting this error. Any thoughts, or am I doing something wrong to get Life360 into the new app?

I think I read somewhere on here that, currently, you have to use the classic app to install life 360. It’s a connected service. If it’s not showing as a connected service in the new app, you will probably have to install the classic app to get it going.

I can’t verify this for sure as I already have it installed and it was installed when I started using the new app.

Thanks. I actually had it installed in the old app and the devices were there, but not able to be used for anything (it just said “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again.” on each device). Now I can’t even get the app to install!

I’m trying as hard as I can to work around relying on the classic app as much as possible, but I’ve got it for items like this.

I have 2 of these fan controllers.

It’s these controllers, the SHM Delay 2.0 smartapp, and my UEI keypad that is keeping the classic app installed on all of my devices too.

Once you get Life 360 working, you won’t need the classic app to use it. I’m using it in many automations in the new app.

I use Webcore primarily for Life360 info and notifications.

I’d wanted to get this working and your post gave me the impetus to try again, as I’d been facing the same “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again.” in the new app. I removed/re-added in the old app countless times (didn’t use a custom DTH, I just added under Marketplace -> Presence Sensors) The device would show in the new app but wasn’t clickable or usable in any automations) until… [drum roll] I reinstalled new smartthings (as was mentioned in one of the earlier posts) Force closing, clearing cache wasn’t enough, it needed a reinstall. It’s new clickable and usable in automations.

Hope that helps

I’m glad that fixed it.

Unless something has changed since the last time I did it, uninstalling and reinstalling the app removes all of your custom UI settings. That kind of stinks as you have to reorganize all of your rooms, etc.

As soon as you sign in, all the rooms appear and the devices with them. It’s like real Harry Potter magic

1 Like

Then they have made changes. That’s good to know. I’ve been reluctant to uninstall/reinstall.