LFM-20 Evolve for garage door

My opener is a liftmaster model 3280-267M and my wall panel is 888LM the opener is from 2011 but the wall unit is from 2013.

I hooked it up in a parallel circuit as described by ST. at first the wall unit beeped at me and I had to push the ST app button twice to make it do anything. I read about changing the device type to virtual momentary switch on here. I checked the ide and it already was a VMS. I didn’t change anything, but unplugged the relay and the opener and plugged it back in and it works fine now.

The 3280 does not appear to be a myq/security+2.0 model.

So that might be the difference.

Thank you Duncan!

@coryds, thanks for the recommendation on the zigbee outlet and its effectiveness as a repeater. That cured the Presence tag issues I was having in my garage. Had previously tried a motion sensor that I’d plugged in but that didn’t solve the problem like the outlet. Thanks again!

Hey glad it worked out for you!

Team, a little help here with this topic. New to ST so bear with me but I’ve installed and powered (using an old computer cable, thanks for the tip) the LFM-20 switch and everything works with the garage door and switches. My problem is that I can’t add the switch to ST - I’ve done several searches/adds and it never comes up. I’ve even had the hub within a few feet, no luck - any suggestions?

just to be sure. here the steps necessary to add evolve

1. open st app. go to things and tap the “+” to add thing.
  2. then press button on evolve . top middle and wait for to find using app. if not then try resetting by holding the button on evolve until the light turns off to reset it.

hope this helps

also funny story that happened to me. i connected using computer cord and tested on a different outlet. then connected to garage door opener. had to turn off power for that and forgot to turn on when all connected…:-p

Thanks Michael…those are the steps I followed, no luck!
Although, if I hold the button down to try and reset the evolve, the lights never turn off. I’m starting to think I have a dud!

i would just contact the manufacturer now and ask for repair or replacement

good luck :slight_smile:

Duncan! Thanks for the tip about changing the device type for the relay to “Z-Wave Virtual Momentary Contact Switch.” Brilliant! Having to toggle the relay on/off every time was kind of an annoyance. I’m glad to get the app working as it was intended.

Cheers,
Joe

jb have you tried the garage door monitor? just attach a multi-sensor to the garage door and add as garage door. so cool

Hello all,

Installed my Evolve yesterday and hooked the wires according to the diagram. I got it to connect to my hub. I set it up in my app, but it’s very flaky on it’s operation. I can sometimes get the garage to open by pushing the on/off button on the app but I don’t always get it to open or close the garage. Also, when I open the garage, sometimes I can’t close the garage using the wall button. I have had to go directly to the Evolve and manually hit the button on it to close the garage. Very scary to use when I am not at home. I have an old Craftsman Garage Door opener.

Are there any weird issues with my set up?

@mpdano have you set the device type to Z-Wave Relay?

Exactly how do you do this part in setting the device to Z-Wave Relay?

Figured it out. Didn’t know I had to log into a developers IDE website as an end user to configure this thing. Set it to Z-Wave Virtual Momentary Contact Switch and all is good to go now. I have a feeling this was the exact same issue on one my contact switches not working until I used support to resolve it. This is actually slightly quirky for a product on open market. Don’t you think?

Switch shows OFF on Devices. In IDE show INACTIVE. Can’t control my garage door anymore. I can click the button on the relay and can close my garage that way (led goes off). I click the button on the relay again and led goes on and door opens.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Has anyone had problems pairing the Evolve LFM-20? I’ve wired it up to my garage door opener in parallel and it works as expected. Push button, open door, light goes off.

I’ve tried pushing the button once to pair and got nothing. I’ve pushed the button twice to pair (like some reviews on Amazon suggested) and got nothing. I’ve tried pushing the button three times without any luck. The device is about 35 to 40 feet away from the hub with two walls in the way. But I’ve tried to pair the device a few feet away from the hub with no avail.

Do you think I have a faulty relay? Any help would be much appreciated.

Dereck

I am having same issue with pairing now. Wiring is good push the button it triggers up and down. But nothing I do gets it to pair with ST. Ggggrrrrrr. I am like 10 feet from hub with other z-waves in garage. So the white, black and green wires are going to plug and the blue wires are going one each to the the two polls on the opener where the wall button connects (white and white with red stripe wires). The light is on, click the button on wall and it works. Click the button on the Module and it works. So i think the trigger is fine. I just cant get it to pair! I have tried powering off, then powering on and clicking button once, twice, and holding when searching for device via app both ways (open search and specific device search ). I have also tried "clearing the device with click, click, click, hold. Any other ideas? Did i get a bad relay? I email manufacturer as well but we will see how long till i hear from them. Thanks

There is a button you press to pair. Just before you push that on the switch, you’ll need to add device on the ST hub to begin searching. As it is searching you then push once (do not hold down) the button to pair on the switch. Then ST hub will recognize the switch.