Leviton DZ15S-1BZ Decora Smart Z-Wave Plus 15A Switch Smartthings Device Handler

I was wondering if this switch have a device handler for Smartthings. I tried to search for it but wasn’t able locate it. All I was able to find was for the DZ6HD & DZ1KD.

Integration with Leviton Wi-Fi devices is done at the account level, so there are no individual Device handlers. So the first thing you have to do is add the switch to your Leviton Wi-Fi account.

After that, use the + in the upper right corner of the main screen, then choose add a device.

After that, you can add by brand, and choose Leviton.

From there, choose Switch/Dimmer, then choose “Leviton Wi-Fi devices“ and then sign in with your Leviton account and your two accounts will be linked.

After that, all of your eligible Leviton Wi-Fi devices will show up in the IDE with a “placeholder“ DTH. Do not change that or the integration won’t work.

FAQ: Why does the IDE list “placeholder” for my device? Can I change that?

Thank you for the quick reply. The Leviton DZ15S I was asking about is a Z-Wave device not Wi-fi. Sorry I may have not put down the whole model number. It’s the DZ15S-1BZ. Below is the link to the Leviton product page.

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/dz15s-1bz

Ok, In that case it should just add as a Leviton zwave switch. What happens when you choose Leviton, then switch/dimmer, then Leviton zwave device?

I’m able to add the device just fine. Able to turn it on and off remotely fine too. I just want to see if there’s a device handler out there that give it more advance option in the setting. Right now it’s very basic z-wave device. I have other z-wave from Zooz and Inovelli. When you add it, it will use the generic Z-Wave type. But wen you add the device handler for the particular brand and model. You are able to have more advance option right in the setting of each device. I want to see if there’s anything out there from Leviton or if anyone wrote a custom device handler for this model.

1 Like

It doesn’t appear that that device has any advanced features, and it doesn’t look like anyone has ever written a DTH for it, probably for that reason. You can change the behavior of the LED, but you can do that just by tapping on the paddle, you don’t need a DTH.

It’s a pretty basic on/off switch, what else were you hoping to be able to do with it?

Cool thanks for confirming that there’s no DTH out there for this device. I just like some features from other Z-wave manufactures. Like turn the paddle to toggle. So you can press the up or down button and the light will switch between state. For example press down the light turn on and press down again it’ll turn off. Don’t matter what you press (Up or down) it will just change from it current state. The other one I like is the built in auto off feature will it will auto turn off after x mins. You don’t have to set rules for each switch, it just built into the setting it self. You can program what scene it will run base on how many press of the toggle button. I was thinking of switching to Leviton but looks like they just have device that can handle higher amp but don’t have any programing feature like others.

I have a couple of these but I always prefer to use the built-in DTH to get local execution in the current environment.

If there is a custom DTH for these, Kevin @krlaframboise probably wrote it or might know.

I’m pretty sure Zooz has models that support higher amperage, at least up to 15a for typical lighting circuits. You might ask on their support forums.

1 Like