Leviton - Buy of the Day @ Home Depot (03/06/18)

The Jasco switches are fine as a budget switch. So in a good/better/best rating they would be near the high of the good bracket. Based on reports from multiple home automation forums, not just this one, A fairly high percentage fails in the year or so after they come out of warranty. Say maybe 10 to 15%. You still save money overall on the total project even if you have to replace those, so a lot of people are still very happy with them. I personally prefer a better engineered switch, something in the high “better” range like the Leviton, but that’s just me.

I don’t want to hijack this thread, though, so I suggest that you search the forum for “GE failure“ and we can continue in one of those threads. Or start your own thread under projects and people can give you their own opinions, this is just mine.

You might also want to take a look at the device class features FAQ. The light switch discussion starts around post 40.

In this particular case, I believe Michael Was just saying his wife prefers the form factor of the older Levitons. Switches do come in different tactile designs, but that’s discussed in the FAQ. :sunglasses: choice is good.

1 Like