Latest model Nest Doorbell (battery) supported by SmartThings?

When I try to resync my Nest devices with SmartThings, only my 3rd generation Nest Thermostat is showing up. My freshly installed Nest Doorbell (battery) which I have hardwired is not available for selection.

unfortunately not. Google announced when it was release it wouldn’t work with external services like Alexa or SmartThings :-1:

1 Like

Wow. That is unfortunate. I guess I shouldn’t have assumed that the 2nd generation Nest doorbell would be supported.

Already installed and drilled the holes. Bummer.

1 Like

What the? Not supported? Google is the worst. Smartthings is almost as bad. Of course it’s not supported. Google just turned on their smartthings integration in January. Abandoning it this soon is just a slap in the face.

They have not “abandoned” it, they simply have not added that new doorbell to the integration at this point. Be patient! :slight_smile:

I discovered. A setting in Google home that allows you to turn them on. (Maybe) not sure if this is available everywhere. But I can now see nest batter doorbell in smart things.

Head to home app.

Click on your profile.
Home app settings
Partner connections.
Select smart things.
Then toggle on all available cameras.

Hope this helps.

@Jamie_Biggs , not sure how you made this work. I have a Google Nest 2nd generation wired doorbell. When I follow your steps, it simply says “no partner connections found”.

I did:

• connect SmartThings to Google Home, I can see all my SmartThings devices in Google Home
  • followed your steps above, but no luck

Any thoughts or suggestions? It seems that they are taking their sweet time (1 1/2+ years) to get this integrated.

Thanks

Still not working from what I gather. 1 1/2 years later… or has somebody found a way to get the Google Nest 2nd generation doorbell to show up in SmartThings?