Kwikset Zigbee 10-Button Deadbolt problem

yesterday afternoon this is the problem started happening. Sorry this may be long :frowning:

The Kwiskset Zigbee lock stopped locking/unlocking with the command from the app. The other functions of the lock work, meaning, when I use the key pad it locks/unlocks, when I flip the thumb lever it reports to the app that the lock is locked/unlocked, and battery level is reporting. However when I use the app to lock/unlock the door nothing happens and an error is given in the logs:

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, java.lang.String) values: [257, 0, {}]

This is what I did:

1. unpaired (pressing B 9x)
  2. reset to factory settings
  3. reset hub
  4. paired lock
  5. deleted lock
  6. reset to factory settings
  7. repaired
  8. deleted all devices from hub
  9. removed app from all devices that have (both iPhones)
  10. updated one phone to iOS 9.2 (other phone still on 9.1 which worked yesterday morning)
  11. moved hub over 20 feet from the router
  12. unplugged router
  13. connected hub directly to modem only, wifi/router is unplugged
  14. reset/deleted hub and lock and set back to factory
  15. performed brand new set up on hub
  16. paired only lock to the hub

and…the same thing happened!

To me I think we ruled out:
Hub: all other devices work, and lock does report status
lock: it’s showing the proper status when locked/unlocked
wifi: nothing else wifi was on no other signals in the air besides my hub (closest neighbor is over a mile away)

the only thing that I have noticed that is changed is the addition of Scout Alarm. When Smartthings added this did it possibly mess up the command code to lock/unlock the Kwikset deadbolt or am I missing something???

thanks!

If this is how you added Scout Alarm, i don’t see how it would effect a zigbee device.
http://support.scoutalarm.com/article/156-installation

This error is odd, if you are using a custom devicetype i’d switch back to the default. if you are using the default devicetype and you have emailed support yet i’d give them a shout. support@smartthings.com

thanks for the reply, I may have typed that wrong, I did not install Scout Alarm and I am using the default for Kwikset locks. I’ve sent many emails/chats already.

The hub automatically found the lock. I was just trying to figure out if some code changed by Smartthings and therefore the lock function for Kwikset messed up somehow after the addition of Scout to Smartthings.

hope that clears things up.

This is possible, considering your thorough troubleshooting I’m pretty sure support will have to take a serious look @ it.