Kwikset 916 lock showing low battery level when batteries are fine

I’m still having massive issues with battery reporting. While i was gone over Thanksgiving my dog sitter was unable to get into my house temporarily because the lock was reporting a 0% battery. So when I got home I swapped them out, had to replace them again after about a month and put the batteries that I had pulled out after getting home for Thanksgiving and they are holding at 80% after about 3 days. I’m using the generic Z-wave lock type and ethayer Z-wave Lock Reporting DH.

Hi, I had similar issues for a long while. Today, I thought the battery case terminals might have accumulated some residue and need to be cleaned to improve contact. I remember something like this in high school and teacher said water is sufficient to clean the terminals. I did with Q-tips and it showed 100% battery full. I’ve put the old batteries which I’ve replaced because i thought they were dead and it showed 80%. Not sure if this is the problem but it is worth trying.
Ayman

1 Like

Here’s one to ponder. I configured the lock with a power supply with enough current to operate and to supply the lock 24/7 . The issue with showing low battery and inoperative lock still happens. It’s not the batteries folks.