Kwikset 910 Zigbee Battery Level Reporting

I have 2 Kwikset 910 locks with Zigbee. They are not reporting updated battery life back to smarthings. I took the batteries out of 1 of the locks and tested them, and all batteries reported 80%, but in Smartthings the lock still shows 100%. This was a couple weeks ago, and many lock/unlock cycles, but it still shows 100% in Smartthings. Anyone had this issue? Any ideas on how to fix?

…but it gets a wee bit more complicated. These locks used to have the Zwave module in them, but I was having problems with them becoming disconnected from Smartthings (not sure what that was), anyway, I found an eBay’er selling Zigbee modules for the 910, so I bought 2 and replaced the Zwave with Zigbee. They are working flawlessly, with the exception of the battery level reporting issue.

I have a Kwikset 910 Z-Wave that has been working great for over a year. I have a Leviton light switch about 2 feet away which acts as a repeater. My battery status is reporting properly as far as I can tell. There are several stock device handlers available and at least one that can be purchased. Have you tried any of those?

I’m running the stock “Z-Wave Lock” I like it because it runs locally. My battery is reporting 60% today.

Also be aware that typically battery status is reported infrequently to save battery power. Some other battery operated sensors I have do not report battery status properly, if at all.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Try to “reset” your lock, sometimes that helps if battery levels are stuck

Thanks. I will try that

Any tips on the "right’ way to reset a 910? I have find differing instructions on how to officially reset it. Thanks!