Kwikset 910 Z-Wave battery

Hi all. I have a Kwikset 910 Z-Wave (installed a year ago), and the battery status is not updating in the SmartThings app. Batteries were low, I replaced them, but now the status remains 1%. I read some very old posts (2015), but still not sure how to get the app to recognize I replaced the batteries and refresh. I tried closing the app, restarting my hub, and reinstalling another set of batteries, all without success.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much in advance.

Larry

In this thread I mentioned I had the same issue and another user said he had to make a change to the DTH. I did and now my battery shows a value again. Read through it and if you feel comfortable making code changes it will probably fix your issue as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m not familiar with making code changes. In fact I’m not even sure where to do that. I used to have the link for that web site but no longer do.

I don’t mind reading and learning, but if you don’t mind please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Well the thread to read was linked in my other post. You have to log in on the SmartThings IDE to change code. You do that here,

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

Probably a better idea to use this URL: https://account.smartthings.com/

@jkp @Terminal Thank you both for your reply. A couple things…

• When I log into account.smartthings.com, my hub is not even listed. That tab merely says, “You don’t have any hubs yet. Please use the SmartThings mobile app to claim your hub.” Shouldn’t my hub already be listed? It is listed on the app. BTW everything works on the app.

• There is nothing listed under My Device Handlers. The lock is using whatever programming is built in. Am I supposed to add a handler by choosing “Add one now”? There is one (very complicated) for Z-wave lock.

• The thread @Terminal mentioned describes adding code (e.g., zwave.batteryV1.batteryGet(),) but I am not at all familiar with programming.

I suppose this is all basic info that is available elsewhere - I’d be happy to review prior threads describing how to do this if you want to point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much for your help.

Larry

I guess here would be a good place to start.

You have to select your Home location after you log into the IDE.

I went through the tutorial. I had looked at that before but went through it again. Incidentally, when I add the virtual dimmer discussed in the tutorial, it does not work properly on my iPhone - it stays in turning off for a while, then stays on. The dimmer works though.

In the thread mentioned by @Terminal it says I can add the the following: “cmds << secure(zwave.batteryV1.batteryGet())”. That command is already in the z-wave lock template of device handlers. Should I use that template device handler and publish it to my lock, replacing whatever the lock is using now?

Thanks again.

Please let me know… the code “cmds << secure(zwave.batteryV1.batteryGet())” is already in the z-wave lock template of device handlers. Should I use that template device handler and publish it to my lock, replacing whatever the lock is using now?

Thanks.
Larry