KUDLED - UK 1/2/3 Gang Switch

I didn’t have the DH loaded prior. I wired it into a plug and did it in the same room as the hub until it found it. Once that was done I connected it properly in the loft.

@a4refillpad how did you wire it into a plug. I got a 3 gang one, so just wondering how to cater for the 3 set of lights

Also did anyone else get the Gold plated ones, or did you get the sliver ones?

I just connected the live and neutral and nothing else for the joining phase.

Does that mean then, that the gang is the ZWave Device and the individual switches are just properties of it? And its the individual properties that we associate with switches and that’s what we turn on and off?

Is a zigbee device. You only need live and neutral to power the zigbee component enough to connect it to ST. The l1 l2 l3 connections are merely switched circuits.

@a4refillpad cheers

Three days later the connection is absolutely solid. As a bonus it seems to be a pretty good repeater for other zigbee devices.I would recommend anyone who hasn’t already invested in zwave light modules to try these around the house to create a solid zigbee mesh. Only downsides is the difficulty in getting that first join and (from my perspective) slight ugliness of the design. I prefer something that looks a little more traditional personally.
BTW @simic I had to modify the DH slightly to accommodate the 2 gang versions as they did not have any 3 gangs in stock. Pretty straight-forward, just need to reorder the switches slightly and make the 3rd switch an optional input field in the preferences.

Well I’ve had no luck at all trying to pair my one. I must be up to about 40 plus turn on and offs.

I’ve read this thread now a few times and I did notice some things. hongtat makes reference that when he turns on his switch the pairing lights automatically start blinking and that by keeping his finger on the last button just keeps turning on and off the switch. This is the exact issue I have.

Now @Simic instructions say the LED under the Kudled logo will blink. Which got me thinking what logo I don’t have one. I bought my switch from the link in this thread and the image in AliExpress has the Kudled logo as mentioned. At http://www.kudled.com/ the image also shows the logo. But mine does not have one.

This got me thinking, maybe my device is not kosher.

Front of my Device

Back of my Device

Can anyone confirm that they have paired a device like this and that this is a legit piece of equipment as I dont want to waste my time trying something that may not even have ZWave capability.

If you have successfully paired the device, is turning the power on and off and leaving it on for a while the correct procedure? If its not, can you step out the instructions.

As it is, when the device is powered on the 3 led lights will automatically start to blink. By touching the last button all I’m doing it turning on and off the switch. My last button is the one above the 3 dots.

Thanks

first of all, the switch looks to be slightly different from the one that i have.

mine has

1. KUDLED logo in front
  2. the layout of the wire nuts are different. mine is Neutral in, L1 out, L2-out, L3 out, Live in

My pairing procedure was to press on hold the bottom most button. You will hear the relays click. First click is when u touch the button, 2nd click is when all the 3x relays click when the unit is reset and goes into paring mode.

The fact that blinking never stops when you put the hub in discovery mode means that the zigbee discovery is not successful.

I have ordered another 2x two gang directly from kudled china. I will report back if I get the new variant.

** BTW, the kudled rep mentioned that that they have run out of the 2 and 3 gang switches. Not sure when they will have another new production run.

Mine has the Kudled LED and I am still not able to pair it. If I power off the light for 30 seconds then back on I get the flsshing logo, same as when I reset it via bottom button. It goes solid within 3-10 seconds of me searching for new devices within the app using android. I wait about a minute and repeat the process. I have it installed in the wall but move the hub to within 10cm of the switch. Something is working but I cant get it to say “thing” discovered.

@simic a different front and back…very interesting

@jamie, I notice the front is different, you have the logo. Is the back of yours different too ?

my device came in a simple brown box not marking or advertising…is this how your devices arrived from AlliExpress?

Mine were bought from aliexpress

@a4refillpad same size of box without any of the labels :sweat_smile:

@simic, going to retry with your pairing procedure.

I’ve hooked the switch up to my wires as I had to work them out (which I eventually worked out today… yay :slight_smile: which is already active in my thread here Looking for Smart Lighting Architectural Options

As it it, my 3 dots are always blinking. I assume the button above the dots/kudled logo is the one to use?
To pair I keep my finger on the button. It clicks once, keep my finger on it until the second click (at second click remove finger)!!!

How long should I give to pair, i was previously giving it about 30 seconds to 1 minute?

As an aside to this topic, I’m not sure if I’m missing the point or not (I probably am)… but, I use the Fibaro Dimmer 2 modules with momentary switches (made by schneider funnily enough). I am in the UK and do not have any neutrals. This isn’t a problem.

In my lounge I have this switch plate with a single module behind it:

New photo by John Crighton

First switch is connected to S1, second to S2 on the fibaro.

The first switch controls my main light - dumb, with dimming and all regular local control.

The second switch (with the right device driver) operates an Aeotec smart bulb in a lamp in the corner. Very high WAF, and completely intuitive for anyone.

I can assign operations to double taps, click and hold would be possible but it’s not written into the current device type (click/hold dimming still works for the local dumb light). In my hall I have a similar setup, and a double tap calls on night mode to switch all d/s lights off (with the help of an app called switch mania).

2 Likes

for my kudled version, the blink stops fairly rapidly once i put hub to dicovery mode. the problem is no unknown device comes up. hence i had to reset and put it in pairing mode again. (blinking logo)

your board is different, it does not seem to stop blinking? Have you put your ST hub to discovery mode?

do the press and hold to reset, then put hub to discovery mode. the blinking should stop within 10 sec.

if not, is your hub too far away? i put it right next to the hub.

@Jamie

just keep at it. after 20-30 tries, you will get a unknown device. stay on the course.

This is an okay solution but you need 3 switches for the same effect IIRC this switches has althea capacity to switch 3 loads via the buttons and via ST and report status between both. Plus they are £20 cheaper.

But I can’t get it to work yet…

1 Like

I will do I will disconnect it from the wall and put a plug on it and play till my hearts content. At the moment I’m flashing 4 GU10s and 4 odd sized CFL down lights which can’t be good for them. Also I don’t need to go to the consumer unit to fully reset the bulb.

@simic correct it never stop blinking.

You asked if i have put the ST hub to discovery mode? I think I have :-). I open up the app, I go to Marketplace, and under Things I choose “Connect New Device”

I have used the above method to add all my other items? If this is the incorrect procedure, please let me know.

My hub is just above the switch, I had them beside each other for a while too. Either way about 2 feet apart.