KUDLED - UK 1/2/3 Gang Switch

@KellyDarren doesn’t look good. Have you looked in the IDE for zbjoin in the event log for the hub? Maybe there will be some clues as to what’s happening in there?

@a4refillpad I’ve logged into the IDE went to the logs section, which started filling up fast :slight_smile:

I tried to add the device twice and I searched the logs for join (cleared the logs after the first try). No finds.

I took the second set of logs, removed all entries relating to my known devices based on the GUID which only left me with the Dashboards own GUID log entries, which all relate to my Orvibo Motion Sensor.

So as far as I can tell, nothing at all is being logged when I attempt to add this device.

I’ve sent 3 eMails to the supplier with photos of the device, but so far have not heard back :frowning:

try looking here for zbjoin events:

« Home Hub (Hub)
Home Hub (Hub) Events — from hub

@a4refillpad, thats a section I’ve never been in :slight_smile:

Just retried adding the device again and followed up with the Events list.
Only two entries were added:-
Name: zwStatus
Value: include Search
Displayed Text: z-wave include search started

Name: ping
Value: ping
Displayed Text: ping

Sorry doesn’t look good at all. You should see some, zbjoin events if it’s a zigbee device trying to join, not zwave events.

mine gives me zbjoin etc

@Jamie I’m confident yours will work as it was the same with me. You do not need to power off the device to restart joining. Every time the blinks light goes off just hold the bottom button. Eventually it works.

1 Like

@a4refillpad tried it again and nada…same events as noted above.

Looks like my device is not a Kudled switch :frowning:

And the seller is ignoring my eMails grrrrrr

@KellyDarren I’m thinking the same. Yours looks totally different. You would also expect to see some zigbee events which are not happening.
I bought mine from a vendor on aliexpress who only had 1 and 2 gang versions, where did you buy yours from? Can you share the link so I we know to avoid them!

SUCCESS! I have managed to get mine working. Thank you to Andy and Wayne for keeping me motivated. And also to Andy & Sticks for the coding of the DH and binder. All 3 switches work via touch pad and ST. Just need a spacer now my back patress box is just to small.

Now have them assigned to this:
1x LED feature dining room light - Switch 1
4x GX53 Under cupboard lights - Switch 2
4x GU10 Spotlights kitchen - Switch 3

Also running a 4th virtual switch (via alexa helper) as a master kitchen switch.

Got it working by wiring a plug and putting it within 5cm if the hub and kept the app running discovery and resetting the bulb it appeared after 7th attempt.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this - your unit is different to mine. Mine is the same as Wayne’s and had a black cover on the rear.
Hope you get some joy soon with the seller.

I notice the wordings on the back are all in Chinese…

How did u guys figure out which is live and neutral???

For Kellydarren, yours read as Live 1 out, L2 out, L3 out, Live In, Neutral in. Hope u had wired it correctly…

@Simic, yep have it wired correctly…thanks for the info :slight_smile:

@Jamie, great to hear if you get the right product it works :slight_smile:

@a4refilledpad, this is the vendor I got mine from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Zigbee-1-3gang-1-way-null-and-live-wire-Intelligtnet-controlled-by-wifi-and-gate/32529673604.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.97.c8AzMU

I mean he even shows me the one he was going to send…see correspondence below…he has ignored a few eMails now…

The scary thing is I bought from the same vendor. If you follow the link only 1 and 2 gangs are advertised so I purchased two of the 2gang models.
However, yours does not even look like the one in Andrew’s photo? Your one clearly does not have the lit kudled logo at the bottom.

@a4refillpad I know…he shows me the correct product and sends me something else. For safety reasons alone it, it has to come out :frowning:

Another china zigbee wall switch. I chatted with the vendor and they confirmed its zigbee HA with possibility to integrate with ST ecosystem.

http://www.atsmart.net/index.php?s=/Home/index/atsmart_switch

More interesting, it doesn’t require neutral. I didn’t buy coz I just stocked up on 2 more 2 gang kudled.

But I couldn’t resist n bougbt this to try out.

http://www.atsmart.net/index.php?s=/Home/index/socket

This looks great from your description but not clear how many gangs it can control. Also I note 5 connections. You sure it does not require neutrals.

火= Live
零= Neutral

Wow. How can that work? It must trickle a tiny amount of power through the bulbs to stay alive to power the zigbee module right?

Same way a Fibaro dimmer works and doesn’t need a neutral?

edit: Sorry, haven’t really read the whole thread, just picked up on the last comment. Ignore if not appropriate.
http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-1#.V5ntE01TGUk