KUDLED - UK 1/2/3 Gang Switch

I don’t think they work as dimmer

Mine arrived yesterday but I am in Dublin until Friday so a nice project for Saturday. Mine didn’t show as shipped for a few days.

I ordered it on the 7th. FYI

i still havent installed mine… pretty busy.

the on/off states could be swapped.

** reminder. U will require NEUTRAL wire to the kudled box. Most UK homes dont have neutral i the light switch boxes.

I will have to get an electrician to pull one for me.

i find difficulty to pair KUDLED devices to my hub nowadays. You have to be patient and keep retrying.

To put the switch in pair mode, press and hold the bottom most switch. The LED under the kudled logo will blink coninually when in pair mode.

You have to keep retrying it, unitil u see an unknown device in hub.

1. assign it to the custom device handler above.

2. create 3 virtual switches

3. bind the 3 switches to the real device.

4. then u can bind the virtual switches to smartapp actions.

let me know.

Thanks Andy, you are quite correct trying to get SmartThings to recognise the KUDLED as a “Thing” is a nightmare! I’ve not managed it yet - even though I know the switch has paired enough to get a solid LED but SmartThings won’t say it has found an unknown device.

This is the same as the Hue Bridge, but I expected Hue to restrict the switch being a more closed platform.

The switch works perfectly in all ways except the zigbee/ST front…

Jamie

Mine has eventually shipping, no silver ones left in stock, so I took a gold one (its under the stairs, I don’t care), however, from your above posts, it looks like I’ve fun and games ahead :slight_smile:

Wanted to get a few, but no stock. They are currently upgrading their switches to improve signal coverage and stability.

Yeah. I used to be able to discover Kudled stuff with ease.

Nowadays discovery takes lots of tries.

Very frustrating, hair pulling stuff.

It seems that pairing has occured becoz the blinking logo stops blinking the moment i put the hub in discovery mode. So something must have clicked. But its NOT appearing as an unknown thing.

try putting it next the hub. I rigged a temporary electircal connection (3 pin plug to wall switch) and put it next to the hub whiile trying to pair it up.

Once its discovered, the link will be solid.

Perserve!

@Jamie how are you getting on?

I’ve not managed to get it to pair yet but also not had much time to play!

If I get success I will post on here.

@Simic how are you getting on with your not you have it linked up?

I tried pairing last night - but no luck.

Mine (1 gang) already blink when I power on, “press & hold” the button simply on/off the light, the blinking doesn’t stop.

So I removed it from the light switch mount and connect straight to a 2 wire (Live & Netural) wall plug switch - still no luck.

seems to be problematic…mine has arrived I just need to put time aside now to try it

Let me know how you get on. I’ve also ordered a couple of these a few weeks back. Should arrive anytime now… I hope this isn’t because they’ve made some hardware change that’s made them incompatible with ST!

you gotta seriously try and retry the pairing. I tried many many times… maybe 20-30 times spread across a few days.

if u get frustrated, just leave it and try again another day. Similarly, i wired the wall switch to a 3 pin plug, so that i can put it right next to the ST hub and can power on/off the kudled fixture to perform press and hold reset.

my symptom was that i would get the kudled in paring mode (blinking), start the discovery in ST hub. the blinking logo will stop blinking and change to steady blue. But no unknown device will appear in the ST hub.

Hence I need to put it back in pairing mode, rinse, repeat …

it was the same with the kudled UFO ceiling lamps as well.

I used to be able to pair kudled stuff with ease. but now… not sure which side has changed what. ST hub had a few firmware upgrades as well.

Once paired, they are good to go.

BTW, i had finally found time and installed the wall switch onto the wall and integrated it to a couple of lights and a ceiling fan.

I realised my device driver had the on/off state mixed up.

RED=off
Blue=on

I have updated the code to v1.1 to effect the changes.

Its working great in my setup now. I have echo controlling the virtual switches without any issues.

1 Like

Great to hear they work if you persevere. I’ll will use the same method of wiring into a plug first to get the pairing done.

Is there a way to reset the switch? Mine doesn’t even stop blinking, it blinks all the way. I’ll try again and I hope they send me a ZHA 1.2 switch, and not their own Zigbee implementation. :confused:

For mine, the moment I put my hub in discovery mode, the blinking will stop.

But no device appears in st.

U could try pairing it to the kudled remote to ensure its working with its own “family” zigbee implementation first

If still can’t pair to own kudled remote, means u got a lemon. :wink:

After trying the join about 20 times it eventually worked!! Works great now!
Thank you @simic for a great DH.

Thats good to know, I need to keep trying! I get flashing and then solid showing it has accepted something.

Do you need the device handler loaded in first?

Jamie

Hi Wayne, did you manage this with the hub nearby or from a separate room?
Ta
Jamie