JSmartWatch - Apple Watch app update

JSmartWatch, an Apple Watch app for controlling your SmartThings devices has just been updated to version 1.9.3.

New in this version, you can schedule a reminder to turn on/off a switch. This is useful if you want a device on for a little while and then want to remember to turn it off.

Also recently added is the ability to add a button to your watch face to make it easy to execute a scene.

For more information and all of the features, go to: JWerfel.com

ScheduleAction

watchFaceScenes

WatchFace

Status

kitchen

3 Likes

Having just updated my Apple Watch to the series 8 with cellular this app you have created is awesome mate. Thank you for this.

Is there anyway to view what mode you’re currently in, home , away etc?

Many thanks again.
I’ll be donating to this.

Thank you for using JSmartWatch.

The official API documentation does not mention modes however in digging through the SDK it looks like I can get the current mode and I might be able to set the mode.

I’ll look into adding this for the next version of JSmartWatch.

Thanks,
Julian

2 Likes

Fantastic mate thank you.
Look forward to seeing what else can be done with the watch app. So handy having this and not relying on having my phone on me all the time.

Sorry, just one last question. Is there anyway to set a device on the watch complications? I know you can show scenes, but devices would be sweet too.

Thanks

Do you mean have a link on your watch face to quickly access a device? That isn’t supported right now but it could probably be done. It might be difficult to select the right device for the complication so it might have to be limited to favorite devices (or something like that)

1 Like

Yeah pretty much. Like my wife’s presence icon, or what mode my house is currently in, or like my Hoover right there on the watch face. For things like presence or what mode I’m in, I wonder how fast that would update on a watch complication?

Presence can be shown on the status complication in the current version. Adding complications to easily access specific devices would be possible but having them show the current status of that device is more of a challenge. The complications update when WatchOS decides they update and it is outside of my control. I’ll give it more thought and see what I can do

2 Likes

Outstanding. Thank you mate.

Hi mate just wondering if there’s any new updates coming for the Apple Watch app?

Sorry, I haven’t had a chance to work on it yet. I will try get some of these changes done in the next week.

Can you send me an email to info@jwerfel.com and I’ll add you to the TestFlight when this new version is ready.

Thanks,
Julian

2 Likes

Thanks mate.
Email sent. :+1:

Thanks, I got it - I’ll include you in the testing when it is ready

1 Like

JWeatherWatch version 1.10.4 is now available in the app store. In this version you can add your favorite devices to the home screen of the watch for easy access and you can view and set the mode of your location.

If you were testing the version through TestFlight, be sure to install the version from the app store. They are the same however the TestFlight version will stop working in around 90 days with no obvious warning

1 Like