Jawbone UP2 still works with ST?

Haven’t been able to find any latest articles on the Jawbone UP2. Fry’s has it on sale for $25 and I am thinking about picking one up. Does anyone know if I can still use it to arm/disarm system based on whether I’m asleep, and can I still use it as a panic button?

The UP2, which doesn’t have a button, never worked with SmartThings.

The older Up24, which does have a button, worked for a while but then started failing after the official UP app was changed to work with the new models and I’m not sure anyone got it working again. You can check with support. See the following thread:

The official support article still lists the up 24. Not any of the other up models, though.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/202294800-Jawbone-UP24

1 Like

That’s a shame. I was hoping I could at least use it as a panic button.

There are several button type devices, some of them wearables, some key fobs, that you can use as a panic button, although personally I don’t consider SmartThings reliable enough for something which is truly a life-and-death situation.

I just set up my wife’s up2 with our smartthings and the panic button smartapp successfully sent me a text when she held her finger on the touch sensor. The up2 vibrated to indicate a “button push.” However, we were not able to get it to work while in sleep mode. The text did take about 5 min to come through though but that could be carrier related.