Jawbone up + Android Wear + sleepy time

@juano2310

I’m thinking of ditching my up24 cause it’s the third one (or 4th?) That I’ve had cause the previous one failed to keep charge of connect to the app or whatever problems…

The thing is, I constantly use your up-ST integration…

I also have an Android Wear watch (moto360 first ed, to be precise)…

I know there’s an app for Up that requires no band…

Is there any chance that the sleepy time app will work with no up band?

I’m scared to purchase the up3 band just to (maybe?) find the same problems?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Check out the latest posts in this thread… As such good luck with up 2, 3 or 4… All the rants there…

1 Like

Hey Ron!

No rants here! Or at least unintended!

I’m just thinking about new possibilities… And since I love my Moto 360… And it works flawlessly… Why not take advantage?

1 Like

I just use it to track my steps… Nothing else! Wishing for an Apple Watch… :wink:

Apple watch? Ugh! Too expensive for me!

Oh well… I’ll go the Up app route and hope for the best.

I’ll let you know what happens!

Hi @danielccm, after you mentioned I did some research and it seams you can totally do it. If you have an android here is the link to the app (I imagine you already have it) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jawbone.upopen&hl=en and you can use your android wear with it.
If you have an iphone here is the how-to https://jawbone.com/blog/using-new-apple-watch/
I will start testing it with Apple Watch to see how it goes :slight_smile:

@juano2310 With the latest models there are no buttons to press after the new firmware update. Did you check any of the newer models, whether it even registers a click which ST can process? I am talking newer models with the firmware update. Notifier works fine. Tapping is gone too. As such it was not one tap but an entire tap dance on the UP’s. Lucky are the guys with the older UP24’s.

Also, now that the sleep is auto detected, users will certainly not want to get into night mode while taking a long Sunday afternoon nap… :wink: Shown below is auto sleep detection which surprisingly was kind of accurate. :wink:

Thanks for the tip!
I will try to modify the jawbone smartapp to also switch to sleeping when the jawbone detects sleep, not only with the button.

2 Likes

Button will not take you to sleep anymore in the newer models. Either auto or manually start sleep in their app.

Button still works with 24 so I rather leave it there for now and add the other option too… I guess I should dig a bit on the API :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t bother changing the app. The auto sleep detection is not realtime and only calculates sleep time AFTER you wake up. Instead please contact jawbone as i did, to tell them that they’ve taken away 3rd party integration functionality that we rely on. I’m pushing for them to return the tap to sleep function as an option for those of us who need it. I really don’t want to have to buy a up24 and go backwards to restore this lost function…

1 Like