Iris Garage Door Controller: No open?

Yeah NSS, I was hoping to use the Iris garage door opener. Looks like I’ll have to sell that on ebay as new open box as I got it on clearance and can’t return it. I found two pins on the back of one of the push buttons that if I short will cause the door to open/close, but the Iris won’t trigger the door if held to the pins in question and given a command in SmartThings.

So you’re saying the GoControl Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Module - FS20Z-1 has to be soldered to these pins? How did you mount it near the wall controller?

I ended up selling my Iris opener on Reddit to a local guy. I went ahead and purchased a second one for him (Since it took me 5 stores to price match).

As for the fixture module, yes it is soldered in. Since you mount them in a standard electrical box, that is where I mounted it. I have exposed studs in my garage so adding another box is easy. I put it near the power receptacle for my garage door opener so I could junction off of that power (The fixture module requires 120v). Then I ran signal wire from that box down to the garage door control panel. Here is where I soldered (See below). Essentially I used my mutlimeter to test the contacts on the back of the microswitch. When I pressed the button, voltage was cut. This told me I had the right leads. I used a small two-pin connector off of a computer fan to make it more modular.

Cool. Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.

No problem. Let me know if I can help with anything else.