Iris Devices on Clearance - 11/7/18

I had the same issue. Ordered 4 online. Just happened to be at a store the same evening and found 16. Got order cancellation notice. Called the store and made sure they still have in stock. Called the 800 number and they placed an order for me, for pickup. Personally ordered 4 more for pickup. Got cancellation notice for both the next morning. Called stores customer service, told them where to find the item, and asked them to hold it for me. Went to the store and picked up 4 for $11.70 each. There were still 12 in stock, I counted. There seems to be an item# confusion between store and online.

Update - they exchanged the invisible one for a real working sensor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me personally, I would have kept the invisible one and put it by my invisible Olympic pool that the invisible Brazilian models use every weekend. This way I could get notified that they are there without them knowing! Of course, if it was me.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I picked up 3 of each and really like them. The WAF is very high with the small size of the motion sensors. She had me replace the living room sensor with the Iris so it would be less intrusive.

your ip might get banned for a couple of hours. Did you use the price check tool? Try using a VPN or proxy.

Exactly, and yes I did use that tool. I spun up my phone’s hotspot and successfully connect through that. I switched back to my home wifi and it worked again.

I used to use a greasemonkey script, does that still work? If so, which one and where do I get it?

Thanks in advance

Bought 4 more today for $10.53 each from a different store. Showed them my previous purchase for $11.70 each ( which included 10% coupon and a happy customer support guy who gave additional 10% ) and asked if this store would match. Gave another 10% off coupon ( I buy 5 printable coupons at a time for $2.99 and always have them in my car for my in-store purchases ) and came out of the store with a big grin.

One thing I did notice which does not give me a very warm and fuzzy feeling. I have installed only one Iris motion sensor till now and battery is already at 89% while my Aquara motion sensors installed about 8-9 months ago still show 100%. I had heard Samsung sensors have horrible battery consumption, are Iris motion sensors the same ?

If anyone bought extra window contacts they don’t need, I was able to buy a few locally but still need to buy more. Please let me know.
Thanks

Does anyone have a "better DTH for the Motion Sensor?

Mine ID as a iMagic by GreatStar, I’m using the SmartSense Motion Sensor DTH, it works but the temperature does not update automatically.

Not a biggie, but be nice to display.

In the IDE they show no checkInterval.

I’m using the smartsense DTH (it was the default selection when I added the motion sensor) and the temp is updating automatically. I wonder what’s different on your end?

1 Like

Reset and re-pair. It either didn’t pair correctly or is defective.

have done that at least 3 times, on 2 of them.

I bought 5 contact sensors from my local store last week. Two of them were the invisible variety, and now the store says they are out of stock. What kind of hoops did you have to jump through to get them to replace yours? I would like my money back if they can’t replace them…

Yesterday, I did online pickup of two motion sensors. One of the boxes was clearly opened already, so I made the attendant at the pickup desk watch as I re-opened the box to make sure it was still inside. It was, but that’s no guarantee that it will work as expected. Stupidly, I didn’t check the other box.

Lowe’s has a consistent problem with theft on these small devices. I’m seriously disappointed in my fellow humans. Who would commit such a stupid petty crime over less than $30? Also, if you can’t afford the sensor, clearly you can’t afford the penalty for theft!

2 Likes

I just placed an order to clear out the Door and Motion Sensors at one of my local stores.

Thanks for the heads up to verify the units are in the box while standing at the checkout.

You have to enjoy the irony of stealing " security " devices.

1 Like

I noticed all of the 13 sensors I bought were “L” version, no “L2’s”

Same. They’ve been @5 in my neighborhood vs $10 for L2

Well the item number was “L2” but the actual sensor in the box was an “L”

These were sealed boxes also.