Iris contact sensor $17.99

Kevin,

Thanks for getting back to me and verifying your configuration. I think
that overall, the Iris sensor works exactly as it should, and is a good
device.

My question is that in SHM, can you change the sensor choice from “Use ALL
Sensors…” to select individual sensors? In other words, there are
certain sensors which are used for Intrusion Detection (perimeter doors),
and those which are not (closet doors, room doors, etc.).

It seems strange that the SHM can detect the difference, since they are
using the same DTH.

Thanks again for your input and advise!

• Nate

Yes. I do not include all sensors in SHM. So I have always selected sensors as I do have sensors outside I dont want monitored for SHM. 0 issues with selecting them in the Open/Close sensor category in SHM

1 Like

Exactly, I don’t need to alarm the interior cellar or bathroom doors. I just need to lights to come on if the door is opened.

Yep. My quandry exactly. My interior doors do not show up individually.

Thanks again for all of the input. I appreciate your comments!

• Nate

Sorry about that, I updated the link[quote=“AnoProp, post:19, topic:59243”]
They do report in SHM when I use the “Use every open/close and motion sensor” option. But when de-selecting this option, the individual devices do not report as available sensors for selection
[/quote]

I don’t use “every open/close” in SHM either and I have selected some of these as individual devices for SHM. So I’m not having that same issue as you.

Yes. I have several of these Iris sensors, one is on a window so it’s included in SHM’s security alerts. Others are on interior doors so they are not included.

Either something is wrong with your SHM, or your Iris sensors.

What’s a 10 off 50 code?

$10 dollars off $50 dollars promo code from lowes.

Sorry to be a bother, but where did you get the code?

I used an old code that was used and generated another with Microsoft excel.

Agreed. However, since both items work individually of the other, I am having trouble isolating the problem and getting any support other than finger-pointing… :rage:

Thanks, tho!

• Nate

I agree, that’s a real bummer. Since it’s an iris device and not officially approved for use with ST, I could see support reps from each trying to punt to the other.

Can you try to return to lowe’s and exchange?

I suppose, but for the price of $15 each, after military discount, I will probably keep them and use them for the interior doors only.

At this point, its more a point of frustration that others have success, and I’m doing something wrong. Seems too simple. LOL!

• Nate

Hi @AnoProp, are you using ST’s default DH? Just curious because I’m not seeing that behavior like you with SHM.

When you sync the sensor what name does it show up as? And when it does what apps does it suggest you use after selecting your room.

I just removed one sensor and performed a factory reset. When it was discovered, it used the Iris Open/Close Sensor DTH I have installed. But I have tried the SmartSense DTH’s as well.

The name is identified as an Iris Open/Close Sensor. Upon discovery and pairing, it suggests the SHM app.

The key is, that SHM will trip an intrusion detection if the door is opened. But only if I have “Use every open/close…” option selected. If I turn that off, only SmartThings sensors are listed as available.

Please log into your IDE and go to my devices, under type what is it syncing as?

Iris Open/Close Sensor.

So as an even STRANGER quirk…

I can set up a CUSTOM SHM monitor, and it recognizes the IRIS devices. But under SECURITY, SHM does NOT report the devices.

Pointing more and more to SHM having an issue?

In IDE under my device does it say smartSense open/closed Sensor?