Iris 7-Day Touch Screen Programmable Thermostat (Lowes ct-101) $90 > $60

I just noticed that the Iris 7-Day Touch Screen Programmable Thermostat (Lowes ct-101) changed in price from $90 down to $60. Use a $15/$50 coupon and then its as cheap as ebay overseas.

I’ve been reading that people that experienced z-wave connection problems with the honeywell either upgraded to the ecobee ($$$) or the Iris 7-Day Touch Screen Programmable Thermostat (Lowes ct-100 $$).

A little bit off topic, but I was looking at getting one of these, and noticed that it says it doesn’t work with baseboard heaters.

Can someone guess as to what the problem would be in trying to use one of these with a baseboard system, as opposed to a forced air or another central heating system like that?

Or does the restriction on the packaging only mean “electric baseboard heaters”?

The restriction is referring to 220V electric baseboard not hot water or steam baseboard heating connected to a furnace

2 Likes

Ahh, okay, that makes a lot more sense.

Little nuggets of wisdom fall out every once in a while, and I pick em up. :slight_smile:
Thanks.

So, is it true that, even in an otherwise ‘normal’ house (in USA), if it has electric baseboard heater system, it’s always running on 220v?

99% 0f the time yes. Almost all electric heat is 220V

I just bought a CT-101 from Amazon. Linked up just fine with my Smartthings hub v2. However, there is a blinking yellow/orange light that won’t go away. What should I do to make it stop blinking?