IP cameras nest cam, fox cam etc

Please can you tell me if smartthings are working on getting any more IP cameras working with UK smartthings as in the US they have way more. This is one feature which I was waiting for with the release of UK smartthings and it isn’t there yet. I know no one may be able to give a definite answer but it would be good to know that you are working with other manufacturers IP cameras to get them work

Hello, I live in the UK and have managed to connect my Foscam indoor cameras to the system. I created a custom device type and custom smart app application using open source code available on Github, I modified the code to accommodate scenarios which are suitable for my setting. To be more exact, Smartthings would identify whether everybody left the house through a check of presence then based on that would change cameras presets and activate/deactivate camera alarm mode.

So it’s possible to connect with an IP foscam camera that will probably cost you around 50 quid.

Best of luck.

Check this out!

Thank you for the replies, as I am not any good at programming I was just after something which would work straight out of the box. The way it is going I may end up buying the Panasonic smart home

I’m no programmer! I clicked buttons until I got it to work (and I followed the instructions).

But really, buy one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161241367538?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (Saves so much money)

Work out from the instructions how to install the above device code and save yourself loads of money :smile:

That’s the beauty of Smartthings, excluding the many downsides that it currently has.