iOS 2.14.0 released (1/30/18)

Tinkering a bit more…I was able to put all devices in rooms except for an iComfort thermostat. Perhaps its the problem. It was the one device that didn’t show up with an icon when selecting devices to add to a room.

Discussion: https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-lennox-icomfort-thermostat
Handler: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/copy-ninja/SmartThings_iComfort/master/iComfort.Thermostat.SmartDevice.groovy

Seems like similar issue to the Aeon HEMv2 some people are seeing. I see an error logged of:

Can not deserialize value of type java.math.BigDecimal from String "31?": not a valid representation

Is that the humidity perhaps? Removing the % may fix it.

Unfortunately, my things/device list isn’t loading, so I can’t refresh the the device after fixing the handler in the IDE.

How about letting us install the previous iPhone app version? Is there a link to download it?

Edit: Nevermind, it’s working now…

An additional fix for custom devices not loading was released today. Please let support if you continue to see issues.

3 Likes

Does this “fix” cause a random ST icon to show up in front of the secondary display text of multiTiles and htmlTiles to throw an error? The whole layout of several of my devices is now seriously messed up. :cry:

I’m seeing this too as well as new issues with rendering on tiles. Here’s an example:

It’s not caused by the iOS app update.

The UI / rendering issues just started for me in the last 5 hours.

I’ve been running the new version of the iOS app since yesterday.

I agreed it’s completely annoying and looks terrible, with text labels in the wrong position, added icons that shouldn’t be there, etc.

Happy to report that my issue has disappeared as well. Thought it was because I had tinkered with odd characters in the device handler for the iComfort thermostat. Perhaps it’s the new fix. Either way, thanks.

Rendering of tiles is now completely messed up. Both custom and stock device handlers

All is broken. Custom dth and normal. Looks like im downgrading to 2.13 all works fine in there!

Totally stock ST motion sensor and DTH. Wasn’t like this last night. Woke up and was looking at things when I noticed almost all my things now have rendering issues.

Additional context and background here:

How do you get that overview of doors, lights and motion sensors on your dashboard? I can only get SHM, smartlocks and favorites

You have to be an OG from before the V2 hub came out and then never have deleted those apps. They aren’t available to install anymore.

Still on going issues that I am seeing:

1. State labels that were not specified are showing state ${name} or all devices.
  2. Background colors for all multi-tiles are messed up - i have generic and thermostat tiles
  3. Humidity icons is showing smartthings icon and refresh icon is completely missing from tiles where they are set.
  4. HTML tiles are not rendering at all and display the message “An unexpected error has ocurred”
  5. All DTH and custom device handlers under favorites on main dashboard are greyed out and disabled.

After the recent outage issues releasing such a buggy app is really acceptable.
Smartthings should revert iOS app to previous version and fix and TEST all issues before releasing an update.

the working version are android and non-working iOS

How did you get this downgrade menu on iOs? can’t figure it out

I’ve spent a few hours this morning trying to figure out what I did to break my thermostat device handler. So glad I found this thread!

My interface looks like this, and sometimes the temperature buttons work, and sometimes they don’t.

Unlike @Rickybobby, I don’t have a jailbroken phone, and I use iCloud backup instead of PC/Mac, so I can’t downgrade. Please ST, get this fixed!

1 Like

@Rickybobby has a utility installed called AppAdmin, but it requires you to jailbreak your phone.

If you have your phone regularly backed up to a PC or Mac using iTunes, you can find instructions online to restore an old version of the app from a backup of your phone using iTunes.

If you haven’t jailbroken your phone, and you don’t have a PC/Mac backup in iTunes, which I think is most of us now that we rely on iCloud backup, then you are screwed until ST updates the app again.

Ahh - thanks for that. Not going to jailbreak just for ST mistake. I guess ST ought to downgrade for everyone on iOS

1 Like