iOS 2.14.0 released (1/30/18)

New iOS release today

Curious, did it hose up the sorting of devices in your Room from whatever you had to alphabetically? Android v2.14 did that and it won’t let you sort anymore. I did let support know, but it’s all crickets over at ST right now.

I’ll update my iPad mini to check as well.

Mine are OK

Edit: I take that back. not allowing to reorder

2 Likes

Mine are sorted alphabetically and I can’t sort them. Very inconvenient.

Looking at the IDE the devices are sorted correctly there. Somebody must have done an awesome job of coding on the mobile apps

Hey, @slagle it looks like it’s not just an Android issue

I reported this bug almost a week ago for the Android version.

Yup. Favorite for the room works, but rearranging does not.

1 Like

Is anyone having issues with this latest update? I’m using an iPhone X and it just crashes every time I start the app.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet still it crashes while it’s trying to load the dashboard?

3 Likes

No crashes but experiencing slowness loading things here and there with a couple of timeouts.

I am on IOS and I just ordered my rooms. I opened a room and moved items around. Am I missing something?

1 Like

rearranging and saving rooms works but when you open a room, rearrange items inside, click save, does it keep the order you rearranged them. For me, when I click save it goes back to alphabetical

OK you got it right it lets you move, but doesn’t save when done.

1 Like

The crashes seem to be isolated to iOS and custom device handlers.

We are looking into it but please reach out to support so we can track and follow up.

If iOS is crashing on 2.14.0, please check if you have an incorrect type set for a multiAttributeTile in a custom device handler. Here is an example of incorrect code

tiles {
  	multiAttributeTile(name:"contact", type: "contact", width: 3, height: 2, canChangeIcon: true){
		tileAttribute ("device.contact", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {
      		attributeState "open", label: '${name}', icon: "st.contact.contact.open", backgroundColor: "#ffa81e"
      		attributeState "closed", label: '${name}', icon: "st.contact.contact.closed", backgroundColor: "#79b821"
    	}
	}

Changing the ‘type’ from “contact” to “generic” should resolve the issue. We are also looking into fixing the app so it doesn’t crash with an incorrect type. On Android, this seems to manifest in a “?” tile.

Count me in as one with crashing iOS app. I’ve opened a support ticket.

Is it just the “contact” type that is incorrect and should be replaced? What “types” are acceptable to use? Is there an easy way to determine which custom device handlers are affected?

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/tiles-metadata.html?highlight=multi%20attribute#multi-attribute-tile-types

“lighting”, “thermostat”, “mediaPlayer”, and “generic” are the accepted types.

I don’t know of a programatically way to check unfortunately. If you have an Android device, the app shouldn’t crash but will show a “?” which would help narrow down which device handlers need updating.

@Brad_ST,

What’s being done about the sorting issue?

1 Like

I found the errant device handler. Added the correct code. The app is no longer crashing, but like the other reports, I also am unable to re-arrange my devices.

The issue with sorting has been documented internally but I don’t have a timeline on a fix.

1 Like

I’m confused. “It has been documented” sounds like past tense to me. Was this regression known before the app was released? If so, wouldn’t it have been prudent to let people know it is broken and will return at some later date (assuming this release was important enough for some other reason to get out there now)?

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, past tense as in “I filed a bug report”. I am able to reproduce and reported the issue to our mobile developers.