Intruder detected whilst disarmed

Same happening for me over the last couple of days…

1 Like

I thought I had resolved the issue with un installing the SHM and then setting it up again - Turns out it didn’t work and had to stop the Mrs from ripping the whole system out and throwing it out the window.

Ticket submitted with no reply from yesterday evening.

1 Like

Same exact thing here. There was a ten minute difference between I’m back and when I entered the door.

And the same again tonight. The last thing I need when coming off a night shift is to spend half an hour working through diagnostic steps to male sure I actually have a fairly good chance of sleeping.

Samsung, could you please tell me what steps I need to take to return and refund equipment outside of the shops return period? It’s fairly obvious that the system is not fit for purpose, and as I spent the night looking for new bits to add to it, I’ve found a raspberry pi home automation board which will Don 90% of what smart things does, but without the down side of falling down every time some amateur coder cockspur something up in the cloud.

Morning, this happened to me last night, starting at 6pm and ending around 40 minutes later. The system disarmed via my phone as normal then the lounge and kitchen motion sensors started reporting intrusions even though Smart Home Monitor was in disarm mode. They were correctly picking up movement but wrongly reporting them as intrusions as they should have been in disarm mode.

It also happened this morning once as I entered my lounge after the system had automatically disarmed.

It must be do to some code change as it’s not happened before.

I won’t add a siren to my set up until I think this system is stable (so probably never then)

I did email support with similar screen shots showing everything being disarmed and then the alarm being activated. A little frustrating because it removes a bit of your confidence in the system.

I’ve already had to move to wemo plugs to handle automatic timed occurrences because the outlet plugs on smart things just fail. Which is annoying because the ones that open my blinds at sunset and sunrise have been working (touches wood) perfectly.

Emailed support too as I’m getting the same intruder issues. Also none of my routines fired this morning FFS.

Someone now owes me money too. I have a tasker set up to send an sms response to any sms I receive while I’m sleeping, and Samsung had chewed through £30 of international text messages where my phone has replied to every intruder detection it’s had! Waking up to the sms telling you that the stupid thing has cost you a fortune is not the easy to start the day.

Scrub that, male that £60 of phone credit!

You’re not having much luck with SmartThings are you? :smile:

Hahahaha… Steve, with understatements like that, I think WW2 would best be described as “that little hoo haa with Germany”

Thanks for actually making me laugh out loud… it may have been a warning of impending nervous breakdown rather than a laugh, but it’s helped :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Aaron Sorry to tag you directly in this & @slagle, however its been 48 hours almost since I submitted a ticket about this without a response, funny thing was I submitted another ticket after this one and that had a reply yesterday morning.

I’m not expecting a fix, of course I know this needs investigating, however a confirmation of receipt would have been nice, especially as support replied to the other within 24 hours?

I raised a ticket this morning with uk support. got a response within 4 hours

“Thanks for getting in touch - unfortunately this issue has started trending with a small number of users in the last day. Please bear with me, I am currently investigating it and will update you as soon as I know more.”

1 Like

Got the same message from Joe on the UK support team.

@Paul_Green Happy to help with a little light hearted banter! Hope your luck turns soon.

1 Like

tonight my SHM didn’t change to disarm on my return from work despite the presence showing as present

new problem for me

After a couple of days working, came home tonight to the same problem as I had at the weekend.

False intrusion detections again tonight. Presence sensor disarmed system but door sensor triggered false alarm. I manually set mode to disarm again went to gym came home and presence sensor disarmed system and whoopee no false intrusions this time. No doubt they will re occur tomorrow.

I doubt that effing thing isn’t even heavy enough to use as a door stop!

Got up this morning, oh I’m an intruder. I fact every single walk to the hallway now reports me as an intruder. I’m still within the time period when I can return this system. It’s very tempting, I might use the money to buy some chocolate teapots.

1 Like

Unfortunately, until support becomes consistent, and actually does something other than “we’re collating reports” or “we’re working around the clock for a fix”, I find the forum more useful for venting - there is a lot of dissatisfaction in the system on the whole, and it is useful for me as a user to get a feel for just how much of a problem something is.

The fact a company as big as Samsung let’s one of what is essentially their hobby projects use their FULL-PRICE PAYING CONSUMER BASE as a sandbox/beta audience really gets to me. The only electrical item in my home which is not Samsung is my tumble drier… I have been loyal to this brand since they used to allow third parties to build laptops with a Samsung badge on them The are riding roughshod over us as a userbase, and you’re damned right it pisses me off. I’ve spent about £1000 on my smart home so far. I want to add to it this month with some more smart plugs and sensors. I hate feeling neutered… With no firm answers from the top as to what’s going on, and no road map as to why things are going wrong, how can I have any faith in this system which is supposed to monitor my home when I’m not there. Today it’s intruder alerts, but tomorrow, assuming I make the additions I’m planning to, what’s to say that a moisture sensor isn’t going to read air as a flood and kill my washing machine mid-cycle.

The other more annoying thing… The sonos link was obviously down the first two nights, as I didn’t get any alarm sounds… But at 5 am my three smart speakers all started blasting out sirens - my neighbours must love me!

1 Like