Install / Integrate WebCoRE?

I am a Newbie and this post may belong somewhere else…

After watching the Robin Winbourne video regarding the WebCoRE, I attempted an install and got lost.
I quit to study a little more…
Today I went back through the process and at the part to add the 4 files, only one appears!
This one: ady624 : webCoRE Presence Sensor

So, I don’t know how to get back to zero to begin again. (I also deleted the first repository account with my name instead of ady624. So, I created a second done properly and deleted the first (problem?)
How should I proceed?

Thanks so much!!

Should probably head over to the webcore community and get signed up

1 Like

Here is a step-by-step guide for installing webCoRE…

1 Like

Thanks to both of you!

I can’t remember the details of webCoRE installation procedure, but, should you run into the problem again, I’d suggest you probably found yourself on the ‘My Device Handlers’ page of the IDE rather than the ‘My SmartApps’ where you needed to be.

Hi @nealperkins, have you found a solutions for this? I couldn’t find anything on the WebCoRE community. Quite surprising that this is not a common issue. I know the alternate is to just copy paste the code onto the ide, but I would much rather integrate with GitHub. Thanks!

can you provide more details on the issue you are experiencing? What steps you have taken?

Not really the same thing but somewhat related. I never could get Echo Speaks to install through GITHUB. I had several other apps that I had loaded through GITHUB with no problems, webcore being one of them.

Anyway, I finally gave up and did a manual install of Echo Speaks. Once I got it working I could then update from GITHUB with no issues. So if all else fails, you might just go ahead and do a manual install you can still integrate with GITHUB after the install.

Apologies for the delay in getting back, during the intial webcore install, after enabling and linking github I was having problems accessing the 4 files that you’re supposed to get under My SmartApps. I was however able to resolve this issue after Logging out, closing the browser, opening a new browser, clearing cache, and logging back in. Thanks for your response, once again, apologies for the delay in getting back.

1 Like