In-wall receptacle + multi sensor?

Hello all,

I am new to smartthings and smart home products in general. I recently automated my garage door using a Leviton DZR15 in wall receptacle and a smartthings multi sensor.

I was wondering if there is a way to integrate both devices to work together. What I’d like to do is be able to touch the sensor icon and have it turn on the DZR15. I am not sure if this is possible.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just touching the multisensor won’t be enough, but you should be able to tap it with your finger and get an acceleration detection that you can use.

You can use the official smart lighting feature. The outlet will show up as a light. You select the light, and then say you want it to turn on when it is “active/inactive”. When you choose that, you should see your multisensor as one of the device options for “active.” You will have to tap it fairly hard, though, so I don’t know if that will work for you. You can probably even knock on the wall next to the sensor if that’s any easier. Basically the sensor has a tiny vibration sensor inside of it and you want to get that to shake a little bit.

I’m tired today, so if you need more help setting it up, other people will have to help you.

Thanks for your reply JD.

I don’t think my original post was clear enough. What I’d like to do is tap the sensor icon on my phone to activate the receptacle. I’ve already identified the sensor as being used on a garage door within the smartthings app. I would simply like to use the sensor’s icon to trigger the receptacle on/off if possible.

Thanks again!

Why don’t you just use the receptacle’s icon? Or create a routine that turns the receptacle on and then make a widget out of that so it’s very convenient. Or is this just a matter of already having that page open in the mobile app and wanting to do something on that page?

I was hoping to have the sensor’s status displayed (open/closed) and use it to trigger the garage door (which is controlled by the receptacle + a relay).

Found it:

Thanks all!

1 Like