Ikea motion sensor

These are available in the UK too.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/

The remote looks great and id love to use it to set the alarm at night.

Does anyone know if i could do that? Use it as a button press for other actions?

1 Like

Did anyone get this working? I’m tempted to pick one up

i bought the same kit today from Ikea (UK) and got the bulb working ok but can’t get the sensor showing.
have you managed to get yours connected at all @Arnqvist
thanks

well ive managed to add the motion sensor as a "Thing"
i pressed the pairing button 4 times fast and the LED blinks to show its been reset,
then held the pair button for 10 secs and it popped up as a thing on the ST app so i have the zigbee code now.
i have tried every motion sensor device handler in the list as well as the xiaomi motion & Hue motion but none show motion.
i’m going to have a read up to see how to create a device handler see if i can figure it out but not holding much hope with me figuring it out lol

1 Like

No I have not unfortunately. I did also try every DH i could find and ended up trying for myself. But I never got that far. I only got the Zigbee code swell and tried to sort it out. You can see my older post about that. But we got a new baby so there was really not much time over for me for this.

1 Like

I think i may be getting closer ( very slowly lol) @Arnqvist
found these so i think i know what the remaining clusters are now , ill keep digging
0B05 Diagnostics cluster
0019 Upgrade cluster
1000 ZLL Commissioning

Nice going!!

Anybody made any progress on that motion sensor of ikea? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to ‘bump’ this thread to see if anyone has successfully gotten the Ikea Motion Sensor working with ST. I’ve got several of their Zigbee bulbs and they work really well for me…I’d love to use the Motion Sensor, too, since it’s cheaper than some of the other motion sensors out there.

1 Like

I wish they had :frowning:
I’ve not had any luck I found out the fingerprints above but they wouldn’t work for me.
Need someone far smarter than me to have a go.
I believe it’s because it’s not standard zigbee they’ve used there own code and it needs zigbee sniffers to trace it , but that’s beyond me lol

Hi,
I’ve just saw a video of a guy which successfully added IKEA bulb to his smart-things.
take a look here

So I’ve managed to get ST to work with my Tradfri Bulb, but the motion sensor is not playing game. Any news on a handle that I can use? I’ve tried everything with motion in the title on the list so far…

From what I remember the motion sensor won’t work as a stand-alone device it works by pairing it direct with the IKEA bulb.
So when you walk past the sensor it turns that paired bulb on that’s all you can do.

Correct. That is the way the sensor is hard-coded. Also for the record, it’s not so much a motion sensor, as a presence sensor. From what I have been able to discover, it actually picks up body heat as opposed to motion.

As for anyone having issues with their sensors not triggering, these are designed to be at body level as opposed to being up high like a traditional motion sensor.

I don’t think that is true Kienzlenator.

The ikea motion sensor works with another zigbee controller such as Homey and ConBee (Deconz).
So why would it not work with smartthings?

Hi All,

Is this completely dead in the water? is there no way that this could work?

I successfully paired a Tradfri motion and changed th device handler to Zigbee motion, but the device screen always has motion active so it isn’t working properly.

I gave up, I could not her it to work.

Still nothing, the device pairs as a IKEA TRÅDFRI Motion Sensor now, I guess ST still have work to do on the DTH.

Now its work in ST :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like