iHome is down again 2-07-2018

Just received this from iHome.
iHome
Dear iHome Control Customers,

The iHome Cloud is experiencing a service interruption. We have identified the cause and are working diligently to restore service.

We will follow-up with a status report as soon as the service is back online.

-The iHome Control Team

posted it 1 hour ago

I have moved all my iHome devices to nonessential jobs.

These have been working great until recently. Man…wish I didn’t have 5 of these things now.

I’m just glad I only bought one of these. iHome isn’t building any confidence…that’s for sure.

I haven’t even received the courtesy of this notification from iHome. During a recent, past outage, I didn’t know what was going on and spent an incredible amount of time troubleshooting why this outlet (Isp5) wasn’t responding. Now I know better.

I also know better NOT to buy any of these devices again!

Did you register your iHome devices on their site and select to receive notifications?

Yes, I’m registered and trying to find where/how to receive service notifications… not having any luck yet!

I have to say, I’ve had quite a few iHome products in past years (no smart home stuff) and I have had issues with every single one of them. Several expensive alarm clock/docks that quit working and quite an investment in a number of AirPlay speakers that after a few years of issues with their implementation of AirPlay itself and, get this, their speakers falling off the network when I started to implement Alexa voice control of other, non-iHome devices (iHome support were hopeless), I decided to dump it all. Never another iHome device for me.

iHome doesn’t seem to know what they are doing. SmartThings is so much better at handling their problems. At least most of the time. I hope iHome fixes this soon.

1 Like

The last firmware update bricked all 4 of my plugs (as far as connecting to ST). ST won’t allow me to remove the iHome permission, and a bunch of named devices are showing up in ST, none of which I have ever had.

Frustrating to say the least.

Still down as of this morning. I will have to check some things when I get back later this morning. it might have come up, but my stuff is still offline.

I did the quick WiFi off test, and they all show blue as they should if they were all working. If I click on them in iHome App nothing happens. I will call them later.

iHome seems to be back up as of 9:38AM EST.

Got a note from HomeKit of all places that there were iHome firmware updates. Should I not be installing these?

I have two iHome outlets hooked into ST and HomeKit. Both had not been working when I left the house this morning.

I have already done the firmware updates, but I don’t think that is the problem. It is just their cloud implementation that sucks.