I need help setting up a anon multisensor v6 to turn on and off a dehumidifier

I’ve tried everything to get my dehumidifier in the garage to turn on and off a specific humidity levels with the Anan multi-sensor nothing seems to work. Does anybody have any suggestions? Has anybody made this work properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I’m kind of a newbie to this. But I have 20 years experience in the IT industry so that should help I hope LOL

Hi @Matt_Sanders, Welcome to the Community!

I’ve done exactly what you want with our three bathroom exhaust fans and humidity sensors. I use CoRE for that and it works great.

Here’s one of mine configured in CoRE:

If you haven’t tried CoRE, you should add this to your list of favorite SmartApps to install and use. Here’s more info:

Hi @Matt_Sanders,

I need to correct myself a little. Seems as though Smart Home Monitor - aka SHM (which is “built in”) can do the same thing if your dehumidifier in plugged into a controllable switch. That switch will be seen as a light to control when you tap on “Alert with Lights”.

You will need separate SHM rules to do the same thing as 1 Core Piston. One for turning it on, and one for off. SHM can’t do conditions like AND or OR yet.

Thanks for the info! I’ll give it a shot and post the results.

1 Like

SHM will allow me to set it to turn on, but I can’t use it to turn it off.
I’m going to try the app you suggested.

Right. That’s why I said you’ll need separate SHM rules in my other post vs CoRE. One to turn it on and another to turn it off.

John, since the secondary condition is the exact opposite of the primary condition, you could have it all in a Simple piston:

IF
   Master Bath Humidity Sensor humidity is greater than 75%
THEN
   Using Master Bathroom Shower Fan...
      > Turn on
ELSE
   Using Master Bathroom Shower Fan...
      > Turn off

You’ll get the same exact results.

Awesome, thanks! The more I use CoRE the more I learn. I’m going to change them now.

1 Like

Yeah, you’ll find out a lot of things can be done in a lot of ways. Pick your weapons. I mean, ways…

1 Like

Everywhere I try to find core or piston it says it’s obsolete and not
available. I’m confused.

I’m new to the smart app and all that goes with it. I’ve apparently got a
lot to learn.

If you look up in my first reply you’ll see a link to the community post for the release candidate, and within that is the link to the code. To save you a little time, here it is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ady624/CoRE/master/smartapps/ady624/core.src/core.groovy

And that’s not a problem! We’re here to help. I just updated my pistons to be even simpler using @ady624’s recommendation. Here’s what it looks like now: