I just purchased a Cleaver Dog video camera and would like to use it with ST

smartapp

(Joel W) #1

I took a chance and bought this http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZHPQLHY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 it has a 32gb micro SD card or I can use a micro 3G sim card. It has an IOS app and uses WiFi. I have a version 1 hub is there a way to integrate this into ST? I don’t know where to start.

(Marc) #2

At this time, it’s not possible to integrate with STv1. v2 has a list of supported video cameras but it’s a select few models and certainly not this brand.

(Joel W) #3

I was lead to understand there is a way to use smart tiles to view the Video feed for unsupported cameras on the V1 hub. That is the info I am looking for.

(William S.) #4

SmartTiles is a web based dashboard for SmartThings. While you are correct that you can integrate video regardless of hub versions, the information on the SmartTiles website indicates that it pulls in the video stream to put in a tile. See more

For this to work, your camera must have a public stream that you can directly load. For most direct IP cameras, there is a MJPEG Video Stream or a stop motion picture stream. Dropcam / nest have their own embed streams for public viewing.

It will entirely depend on the Cleaver Dog camera but a quick glance at the website doesn’t say that it has any way to view the camera outside of the app made specifically for the camera.

(Joel W) #5

Oh well maybe it will be impossible, but I will see if there is a URL as it does pass my network and it is stored on the camera.

(Marc) #6

Ok, I thought you meant integration to perform automation. As you can see below, you can do something with Smarttiles.

Has anyone found out if there is a MJPEG Video Stream URL for this Camera? I have one too and before buying anymore would like to check if there is any way to just be able to view the feed in Smarttiles.

If anyone is interested for the future. I contact support at Cleverdog and they confirmed they currently have no capability to access the feed using a URL.

email response from them;

Dear Nishan,
Thanks for your mail, But sorry, for now, we don’t have any URL or some manner to access the MJPEG Video Stream directly.
Warm regards,
Sophia
Cleverdog Technical team
2016-06-24