Hue Bulbs Smart Lighting Local Processing

So I’ve heard that the only app that actually runs locally right now is ‘smart lighting’. Also, this will only work with z-wave and zigbee devices, since any other device (such as the hue hub) is a cloud to cloud process. So my question is: if I pair my hue bulbs directly to my hub 2.0, will I be able to run them with smart lighting locally?

Does the hub 2.0 w/ hue bulbs still suffer from the same issue as 1.0 of once paired never unpaired? Has anyone done this?

From what I heard, it needs to use certain device types also. If you have a custom device type, it will get that from the cloud as well. So once you pair with the hub, I don’t know if the device type it uses is one that is local or in the cloud.

My hue bulbs are paired directly to my ST hub using the ST device type and I can confirm at the present time it’s not one of the device types that can use local processing.

I’m hoping this comes soon.

Mr. Matt! Why did you marry your hues directly to ST instead of having a fling, buddy? :wink: it’s probably now own of the most stable integration thru the bridge even during this madness. Send me a v2 and I can check? :wink:

Considering that SmartThings recommends against pairing the Hue bulbs directly to the hub, I’m not sure that local processing for the device type would be a priority.